Finance & Administration Assistant Job at DanChurchAid (DCA),
Finance & Administration Assistant Job at DanChurchAid (DCA)
DanChurchAid’s aim is to strengthen the world’s poorest people in their struggle for a life in dignity. Our work is based on a Christian view of humanity with respect for every individual’s rights and equal worth. DanChurchAid is rooted in the Danish National Evangelical Lutheran Church, but is active wherever we find the need is highest, regar…
Finance & Administration Assistant
The main responsibilities of the Finance & Administration Assistant are:
- Maintain and update cashbook on daily basis and have up-to-date petty cash balance
- Check all payment requests before payment is made and ensure proper coding and budget availability
- Timely booking of all monthly payments into Maconomy
- Ensure that the DCA financial manual procedures and guidelines are followed at the field office
- Assist in managing and reconciling bank/cash and other balance sheet accounts as well as booking transactions in Maconomy.
- Prepare and send monthly cash forecast to Nairobi office
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and manage re-ordering processes#
- Work closely with ProLog unit to ensure the adherence to ProLog procedures and compliance when it comes to procurement of project supplies.
- Support the Area Manager in maintaining internal controls and compliance in Finance and Administration
- Support programme staff on interpretation of project budgets and monthly programme financial reports
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultants field visits & donor visits together with implementing partners
- Support the project teams in BVA Analysis and budget tracking from time to time and developing corrective measures on spent
- Support the project team with Activity costing during project design and planning.
- Support Human Resources unit to keep track of all incentive staff Leave as well as filing of the leaves at Kakuma level.
- Relevant Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field from a recognized university and/or (minimum) accounting qualification – CPA II
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting/finance, preferably with INGO experience.
- Adequate working experience with any ERP system (Quickbooks/SAGE/Other).
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office; specifically, MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with using TEAMs, Zoom or other software for remote engagement an advantage)
- Knowledge of and interest in the humanitarian and development context in Kenya.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
- Self-driven and results orientated in a challenging working environment.
- Excellence in English, oral and written.