Finance Assistant at Rose Avenue Group,
Finance Assistant at Rose Avenue Group
Rose Avenue Consulting Group is a financial management, strategy and consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in corporate finance, strategy and research. Together with our clients and partnering companies we address our client’s most critical issues and challenges
JOB PURPOSE and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Maintaining Petty Cash, Cash books, and Bank ledgers for Nairobi office accounts and submitting them on a weekly basis to Mogadishu office.
- Posting all Cash & Bank transactions in the ERP System (Odoo), attaching supporting Documents, and submitting for Approval/Validation.
- Performing Bank reconciliations on a weekly and monthly basis for all Kenya bank accounts.
- Preparation, Reconciliation & Submission of Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Reports on Cash and Bank, Payables, Expenses, and Purchase Orders for the Nairobi office.
- Monitoring and managing regular and one-off office expenses to ensure Finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Reviewing all ERP System previous day’s postings for all Nairobi office GL’s, Verifying
- Accuracy, Completeness and Correctness of transactions posted in the system.
- Assisting in Reviewing GRN’s (Goods Received Notes), PO’s (Purchase Orders), Supplier Invoices and all other Supporting documents including Vendor Bills against the PO Amount when processing payments.
- Supporting the Finance department in developing Adhoc reports and analysis as maybe requested by the Management.
- Assisting in Administrative and Procurement Roles as and when required.
- Facilitating travel for incoming and outgoing staff via Nairobi.
- To look after the guest house at the Nairobi office including preparing monthly budgets.
- Variance analysis of budgeted and actual expenditure for the Nairobi office.
- Controlling the movement of the company vehicles, ensuring proper daily logbooks are maintained, coordinating vehicle repairs and servicing, and ensuring driver’s licenses are valid.Tracking and ensuring timely renewal of annual licenses and motor vehicle insurance.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties commensurate with this post, as and when required.
- Submit Monthly budgets, cash purchases, cash and bank; and payables reports by the 5th of every month.
- Annual renewal of company licenses and motor vehicle insurance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- Recognized Certificate of Professional qualification in Accounting (Minimum CPA part 2).
- Minimum of 2yrs working experience in a busy office environment
- Excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership, and ethical conduct.
- High degree of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and team-building skills.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good knowledge of any ERP System or Accounting software.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
Language Skills: Fluency in spoken and written English, Kiswahili, and Somali
- Citizenship: Kenyan
- Valid Passport Copy