Finance Controller Needed- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania at Schneider Electric,
Finance Controller Needed- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania at Schneider Electric
View Jobs in Power / Energy / View Jobs at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of â‚¬26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operation…
Finance Controller – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounting & taxation by ensuring coordination with the local accounting firm.
- With the support of a local accounting firm, issue & file proper accounting tax documents (ex: invoice to customers, Tax filing to local authorities).
- Ensure accurate Revenue Recognition (according to PoC methodology).
- Anticipate and prepare for external audits.
- Manage entity treasury aspects, relation with local banks together with Anglophone Africa Treasury.
- Check actual and Forecasted Cash Flow and anticipate needs.
- Ensure compliance (IFRS15, Group Guidelines, …)
- Implement internal controls.
- Check all Project expenses to ensure that they are relevant.
- Ensure Group CoA (Charter of Accounts), proper allocation of costs and hours between different Cost elements, Project Work packages, Activities, Upstream and Midstream contracts according to Project contract and budget.
- Follow up and present Project costs in a standard dashboard format. Actual / Yearly / at completion info to be compared with as sold, RF and latest Fcst.
- Ensure that HFM input done by the Anglophone Africa Reporting team is relevant.
- Act as a representative for the GCP project purchasing organization on site.
- Link finance with Planning, Procurement and Logistics (and others) to have accurate and clear visibility of future cost, revenue, invoicing and cash flow.
- Proven work experience in a project environment.
- Recognized accountancy qualification e.g., ACCA.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- In-depth understanding of double-entry bookkeeping, cash flow management, and reconciliations.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Solid analytical and decision-making.
- Experience in a Multi-cultural team environment and matrix organization is a plus.
- Previous Procurement experience is a plus.
- Leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Performance management.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.