Finance Internships at I Choose Life – Africa,
Finance Internships at I Choose Life – Africa
I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is a leading Kenyan NGO registered in 2004. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organisations, to design interventions to solve problems
- Ensured proper bookkeeping, maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepared bank reconciliation, debtors and creditors reconciliation
- Filed payment vouchers ,receipts, stamping them paid and following up on any issue raised during internal audit
- Assisted in budget preparation and ensured its proper implementation to minimize variance
- Processed payments, released cheques and ensured creditors are paid on time
- Received financial reports from the field and reviewed prior posting and payment processing
- Ensured that all procurement procedures and policies are adhered to
- Ensured petty cash and working advances are well accounted for before presenting to project accountant for processing
- Processed statutory deductions and ensured compliance to the various bodies e.g. KRA, NSSF, NHIF, Pension etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Relevant Business Field.
- At least CPA II qualification
- A minimum of 6 months experience in any organization preferably in the finance or accounts department will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer literacy skills especially in MS Excel.
- Proven ability to multi-task and process information within the timelines.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Proven ability to solve problems independently with minimal supervision.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Working knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage
- Strong ability to work multi task and meeting expected deadlines.
If you feel you meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to write to us on email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter should reach us on or before 20th January, 2023.
Kindly indicate current/last and expected salary in your CV in pdf format with subject as ‘Finance Intern’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The position opens to Kenyan Citizens Only!