Finance jobs, Accounting jobs,RTI International jobs,
Finance Specialist 2
- Ensure expenses are booked correctly in QuickBooks, all accounts supported with proper and complete supporting documentations as per International Accounting Supporting document matrix.
- Process vendors, consultants and staff advances payments, reconcile the same accounts every month end.
- Support Regional Finance Manager to prepare Kenya local staff payroll, prepare tax and social securities’ schedules. Follow up on staff timesheets to ensure they are filled on time, properly authorized, correctly summarized and filed to ensure accurate allocation of the staff costs to projects.
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in the preparation of bi-monthly cash forecasts, monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Perform month end accounting responsibilities.
- Support regional office statutory, internal, and external audits.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 2 years of experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles.
- Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization.
- Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a busy finance department.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word, and power point presentations
- Experience with accounting software, QuickBooks proficiency is desirable.
- Experience working in a not for profit organization is desirable.
- English proficiency is required.