Financial Analyst Internship at SunCulture Kenya Ltd,
Financial Analyst Internship at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
Financial Analyst Intern
About the Role
The Financial Analyst Intern will report to the Senior Manager Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and will be exposed to, and assist with, various finance & data analysis tasks to support major decisions of Sunculture’s Senior management team. The Financial Analyst Intern will work directly with, and support, the FP&A team in financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, financial modeling and any other ad hoc activity.
- Produce monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting, and project support to senior management
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Support with the annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting processes
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Google sheet dashboards
- Analyze financial data and create models that help with decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or Accounting, are preferred major fields.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, cost/management accounting, or other related fields.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & familiarity with data management tools (BI, Tableau, or other Business Objects)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail required