Business related jobs, Criminology jobs, IT jobs,
Fraud Monitoring & Prevention Officer
- Transactions and systems activities monitoring
- Developing fraud risk management framework
- Advise management on fraud trends and mitigation measures
- Follow up on significant and persistent fraud risk concerns.
Transactions and systems activities monitoring
- Monitor system activities by reviewing exception reports generated by NG system as well as other tools and acceptable alternative approaches.
- Monitor fraud risk using appropriate tools such as NG system.
- Carry out transaction exception review for reports/alerts generated by the NG system as well as follow up with other target groups to confirm appropriate resolution and closure.
- Identify, document, address & escalate as appropriate all fraud indicators and/or pointers in information system frauds.
Developing fraud risk management framework
- Develop a well thought and suitable fraud risk management framework for the bank.
- Define acceptable SLAs in handling fraud risk concerns within the bank and ensure adherence.
- Coordinate training on fraud risk management.
Advise management on fraud trends and mitigation measures
- Perform intelligence gathering on fraud including trend analysis and provide insights to management.
- Ensure management is proactively and sufficiently informed of all fraud related activities and provide appropriate mitigation plans.
- Prepare and submit to management periodic reports on fraud risk exposures within the bank and any residual/unattended risks.
- Recommend changes to the fraud detection system parameters optimizing fraud prevention and detection within the bank.
Follow up on significant and persistent fraud risk concerns.
- Keep track of all unresolved fraud risk concerns and support analysis, identification of trends and persistent findings.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by Head of Internal Audit from time to time.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Decisions for this job are limited to those that are specifically meant to reduce and mitigate against fraud risk in the bank as guided by approved policies and procedures. The officer is expected to liaise and seek guidance from the Head of Internal Audit.
- Must have a university degree in business, criminology or IT related field from a recognized university.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in financial industry. In-depth knowledge in Temenos core banking systems as well as other banking applications such as BI, card system, credit systems, banking operations.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good understanding of information systems and banking applications.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills with ability to easily recognize non-obvious system activity patterns.
- Ability to perform duties with utmost honesty, free from bias while putting bank’s interests before personal interests.
- Report writing and general communication skills.
- Professional certification on fraud related course will be an added advantage.