Company: Githunguri Dairy Farmers Co-Operative Society Ltd
Job Title: Dairy Extension Officer
Reporting to: Quality Assurance & Extension Officer
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Githunguri Dairy Farmers Co-operative Society Ltd plays a key role in marketing of its member’s milk which is processed and packed in form of pouch packed fresh milk, Tetra Classic fresh milk, lala, butter, ghee and cream.
They seek to recruit a Quality Assurance & Extension Officer to ensure milk produced by GDFCS members is quality assured through hygienic practices and husbandry.
- Day to day Planning and inspection of members’ dairy farms.
- Practical training of members on feed formulation, fodder crops establishment and preservation; hygiene milking practices and milk handling; animal feeding and housing.
- Record keeping of farm records by members- breeding, production, health, accounting etc.
- Carry out members training at various training farms.
- Handling members’ questions and complaints related to milk quality, feeding, animal health, housing, production and farm management.
- Train members on dairy economics.
Qualifications and Requirements
- KCSE-Minimum C- Grade.
- Minimum -Certificate in food science, certificate in general agriculture, certificate in animal health, certificate in Dairy technology or Applied Sciences
- Proficient in computer operations
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in dairy operations.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates, kindly send your applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copy of ID, copies of certificates and contacts of three referees to email@example.com by close of business 21st October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.