Front-end Designer & Operator (Print) Job at Ramco Group,
Front-end Designer & Operator (Print) Job at Ramco Group
Mr Rambhai came to Kenya in the early 1940s from the Gujarat region of India. He started a small hardware store in downtown Nairobi in 1948 and that was the humble beginnings of what is now the Ramco Group. His 3 sons, Kirit, Mahendra and Chandrakant joined the family business after their studies and based on these strong family ties, the group built a solid…
Front-end Designer & Operator (Print)
- Setting up files for Digital, Large format, screen printing and offset printing.
- Managing production by receiving client briefs and files and ensuring agreed timelines are kept by accurate planning.
- Client Communications for specifications and delivery coordination.
- Ensuring all machine reports and data are provided as required.
- Managing finishing staff in terms of jobs allocation and making sure deadlines are met.
- Colour management and consistency is required on every job.
- Designing when required – main focus is on print production and not design.
- Internal company designing will be required i.e assisting in Facebook artwork.
- Website photographs, email signature and other collateral.
- Working hand in hand with production team / team members.
- Checking of artworks and files before proceeding to production.
- Ensuring that print queues are managed and jobs are assigned accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Material and stock level count is required to ensure no down time.
- Coordinate product/ material deliveries and dispatch.
- Ensuring design and print creativity are maintained at all times.
- Coordinating with external suppliers for jobs that go out for external finishing i.e. die cutting, foiling, films etc.
- Checking the MIS system for job briefs and specifications.
- Trouble shooting on the digital machines – to be discussed with management proactively prior to incidences.
Qualifications, Qualities and Experience:
- Experience in the Printing Industry (Skill in Digital printing, Large format and screen printing – additional knowledge of making and adjusting key lines is an added benefit).
- Minimum 5 Years Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of the various types of paper, media and materials used.
- Initiative to improve printing and internal coordination of jobs.
- Strong attention to detail, trouble shooting, creative and open to positive criticism.
- Ability to work in a quick, accurate fast paced environment to facilitate production and product deliveries.
- Knowledge of all machines and techniques used to achieve final product preferred.