Front Office and Administrative Assistants at Kenya Climate Innovation Center,
Front Office and Administrative Assistants at Kenya Climate Innovation Center
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is a social impact organization operating in the climate space, committed to supporting micro and small enterprises and driven by innovation. KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in renewable energy and energy efficiency, water management, agribusiness, waste management, and commercial forestry in a bid to address climate change challenges.
KCIC is in its fourth year of implementation of the Agribiz programme which was rolled out in 2020 in eight Business Incubation Hubs (BIH) in Kilifi, Machakos, Bungoma, Meru, Isiolo, Uasin Gishu, Kisii and Kiambu. The Agribiz program seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The primary focus of the program is to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early-stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
The program focuses on delivery of four (4) services which constitute its core activities thus; (i), access to services and facilities; (ii), access to finance; (iii), business advisory and technical assistance, and (iv), access to information. Other general activities include awareness creation and the pursuit of an enabling environment for greater involvement of women and youth in agribusiness.
KCIC is currently hiring Front Office and Administrative Assistants to facilitate the successful implementation of the Agribiz program in the Business Incubation Hub located in Bungoma and Meru Counties. In addition, the selected candidates will be responsible for coordinating administrative activities with the central hub
The Front Office and Administrative Assistant will oversee the operation of the reception and providing services to internal and external customers while collaborating with the Incubation hub team to ensure a seamless workflow.
- Attend to walk in customers and visitors, directing them accordingly as per their request.
- Execute clerical receptionist duties such as typing, filing, photocopying, collating etc.
- Manage the switchboard and answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls to appropriate parties
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers and sign for all incoming packages;
arrange pick up for out-going package;
- Coordinate office deliveries and receive invoices for payment processing;
- Monitor stock for office Stationery, Kitchen supplies, drinking water and any other office equipment required for office use and ensure timely requisition of the same;
- Manage front desk operations while monitoring cleanliness and maintaining
proper organization for a professional image;
- Manage the office cleaning by ensuring that the office is cleaned on time, the kitchen and the bathroom are well cleaned and kept tidy;
- Reconcile monthly petty cash in liaison with the Senior FinanceOfficer;
- Coordinate all the travel logistics with the driver within theorganization;
- Develop a tracker system for motor vehicle fueling service and maintenance;
- Coordinate planning for meetings, preparation of meeting venue, and support organization of events;
- Manage office access for all the staff members and clients;
- Develop and maintain the office electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Liaise with the Procurement and Logistics Officer for the procurement of goods and services.
- At least a Diploma in Front Office Management, Business / Office Administration / Public Relations or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in front office administration, or related fields;
- Computer skills including the ability to operate emails, spreadsheet and Word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Customer relations skills;
- Time management skills,
- Organization and planning skills;
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Professionalism and integrity
- Interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and innovation
- Reliability and adaptability;
- Team player;
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to send their up-to-date CV with their contact details, copies of academic and professional certificates, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications Monday, 5th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.