Global Purchasing Coordinator Vacancy at One Acre Fund – Kenya,
Global Purchasing Coordinator Vacancy at One Acre Fund – Kenya
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will ensure high-quality Solar & Non-agricultural Farmer inputs are purchased in a cost-efficient, market competitive and compliant manner and are delivered to your farmers. You will report to the Global Solar & Non-Agriculture Supply Chain Specialist.
- You will ensure execution excellence by working with our teams and suppliers to provide our farmers access to inputs on time and at the right quality across all of our countries of operations.
- You will build external relationships with mid-level suppliers and support high-level supplier relationships fueling supplier performance improvement.
- You will ensure we deliver world-class customer service to country clients by providing updates on the status of their orders.
- You will ensure deliveries at no additional cost by ensuring correct and compliant documentation to process the order and these documents are saved for future reference.
- You will support targeted process/product improvements such as driving down the cost of farmer inputs through smart purchasing plans and world-class contracts that guarantee favorable payment terms.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of a Diploma
- At least 2+ years of experience in procurement, or supply chain management
- Knowledge of importation practices
- Project management experience required – you know how to map out a clear and easy to digest project plan
- Fluent in English and Swahili
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
21 August 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.