Grants Associate – AICS TB Project Vacancy at Amref Kenya,
Grants Associate – AICS TB Project Vacancy at Amref Kenya
Jobs in Healthcare / Medical, Jobs at Amref Kenya
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40 million.
Grants Associate – AICS TB Project
- Project Management Jobs
SCOPE OF WORK
Amref Health Africa in Kenya (Amref), jointly with Amref Italy is implementing a Tuberculosis (TB) pilot project to promote patient-centered care for TB patients through digitization of facility and community data in Nakuru County. The project is funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) to synergize the Global Fund TB grant, for which Amref is the non-state Principal Recipient (PR) for 2021 – 2024. Through the AICS TB project, Amref will work with Division of Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program (DNTLD-P) and TB coordinators to roll out the digitization of TB patient data using T-Bu lite, a mobile application for TB diagnosis and treatment monitoring at the health facility level.
Amref is seeking a qualified Grants Associate to provide leadership for the effective management of the grants in the Disease Control, Prevention and Management directorate to ensure development of grant management systems, contract management, budgeting processes, mentoring & monitoring of grantees, compliance and reporting
- Participate in setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- Assist in the preparation and follow up on timely release of the grants funds for approved grants including quarterly disbursement.
- Participate in the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management process.
- Carry out grants specific database maintenance and reporting and upload relevant reports in the SRs ERP Navision portal in a timely manner.
- Representation of Amref at key stakeholder forums
- Review and finalize sub recipient’s budgets and work plans, prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance.
- Receive and review periodic grants reports for sub recipients, liquidate the eligible costs and take relevant action on the expenses rendered ineligible.
- Provide timely feedback to sub recipients on grants performance.
- Handle correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the project team.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual project performance reports.
- Ensure compliance to donor regulations and Amref Health Africa policies within the directorate as well as by implementing partners
- Support in tax exemption of SRs in line with donor guidelines as applicable
- Handle correspondences and matters in regard to VAT exemption application in consultation with the Grants Officer, administrative assistant and the Program Manager.
- Participate in mentoring, monitoring and other SRs capacity building initiatives.
- Provide technical advice and capacity development to Sub recipients to plan, implement, monitor and report on grants awarded in a manner consistent with assessed needs above.
- Participate in operation research, documentation and dissemination of new lessons and experiences in grant management.
- Compile monthly and annual grant reports and assist in quarterly dashboard preparation, biannual donor reports
- Support in monthly SRs reconciliation to ensure accurate financial reports, monitor funds uptake and recommend areas of improvement
- Assist in Coordinating internal and external audit and act on audit issues in collaboration with Grants Officer, PIT and finance department.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Grants Officer and/or Programme Manager and/or Grants Manager.
- First degree in Commerce or its equivalent and CPA (K) or its equivalent
- At least three years of relevant NGO work experience in CSOs grants management
- The candidate should have proven abilities in managing CSOs grants, understanding of community development issues, proven capacity building and mentoring for grass-root CSOs, pre- funding assessment, contract design, compliance management, data analysis, budget and report review for CSOs.
- Experience in Finance and grant management with the Global Fund donor is desired.
- Strong IT skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power-point);
- Team player
- Good listener
- High integrity and honesty
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.