Head ICT Service Delivery Needed at National Bank of Kenya,
Head ICT Service Delivery Needed at National Bank of Kenya
National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and…
Head ICT Service Delivery
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the department’s policies, procedures, guidelines and operating standards in line with the ICT overall strategy.
- Establish ICT service Delivery goals, objectives and operating procedures consistent with the Strategic Plan including core values and develop key performance indicators and measures for service delivery team to deliver the transformation agenda.
- Manage service delivery, monitoring, performance, supply chain of ICT services and service improvement plans to provide the required level of service, system performance and functionality required to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for ICT communication strategy and ensure timely, concise and effective communication with the business for service outage, service disruption/interruption and service improvement.
- Define operating level agreements (OLAs) for meeting SLAs and review of SLAs and underpinning contracts for ICT.
- Develop ICT contracts that protect Bank’s interests, review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts as well as the on boarding and decommissioning of software and applications through an enterprise architecture approach
- Negotiate acquisition and acquire required infrastructure using the approved panel of vendors.
- To keep current with trends and issues in the Information Technology industry, including current technologies that support service and advise the organisation on their competitiveness and financial impact.
- Represent ICT in service operations meetings, service review meetings and periodic quality reviews and act as liaison with the business for all service improvements, changes and escalations.
- Manage the ICT resource and cost base of the business department to agreed performance and budget standards (People, Time, Budget planning and cost management).
- Periodically provide data from monitoring activities to support in proactive decision making for Management for preventive or improvement measures.
- Lead the evolution of the Bank’s service delivery function including coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of excellence in customer experience for business.
- Assess feedback from business units with relation to ICT to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement in line with the Bank’s strategy and delivery priority of the Information Technology services.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing service delivery principles to support stakeholder collaboration with business units in the organisation.
- Design and direct the governance structure and compliance activities (such as exception and exemption handling) associated with ensuring compliance with the service standards in the Bank.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and discipline in service delivery and monitoring standards and ensure quality of recommendations thereof.
- Liaise with the departments within ICT to collaborate on joint development initiatives, promote compatibility and synergies in technical delivery of service to business for alignment.
- Manage and provide repository for information/feedback from business and queries for purposes of improvement in service delivery.
- Develop a risk assessment framework for the department and ensure controls are adhered to at all times.
- Establish stringent access control management on user account creation, maintenance, access breach detection and termination to ensure information systems security, integrity, and confidentiality as per policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assess outcomes of the actions agreed pertinent to the unit resulting from periodic user recertification exercises.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- A Masters degrees in information technology will be an added advantage.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in IT field within the Banking Sector with three (3) years at Management level in an ICT Service Delivery related environment.
- Prince II or PMI certification will be an added advantage.
- Professional banking courses will be an added advantage.
- Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement.
- Excellent communication skills; articulate in communicating to both internal and external stakeholders at level levels.
- Professionalism – maintains a professional approach based on ethics and NBK values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics – ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk
- Building consensus and influencing-ability to influence various players across all NBK departments
- Customer orientation-is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to actionable elements
- Resilience –is able to withstanding strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected of a leader
- Leading Change; proven change management capability to drive the department’s strategy.
- Innovation; able to keep up with trends of meeting the demands of internal and external customers and controls thereof.
- Multi-tasking; able to manage several concurrent assignments and prioritise demands.
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to keep pace with latest technology and trends in addition to new security requirements.
Method of Application
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Wednesday, 2nd November 2022.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.