Head of Branches at Old Mutual Kenya,
Head of Branches at Old Mutual Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Head of Branches
Lead implementation and execution of a business development strategy to support growth and business development to enhance the organisations presence and reputation within the general insurance industry. Manage key internal and external relationships across the broker, intermediary and customer market to drive the organisations multi-product / multi-channel initiatives to achieve the organisations business plan targets.
- Lead the implementation and execution of a business development strategy to support growth and business development to enhance the organisations presence and reputation within the general insurance industry Drive the achievement of new and existing business profitability and growth targets by ensuring that services and solutions provided to brokers and / or intermediaries meets or exceeds defined service level agreements across the product/s lifecycle as measured in a performance metrics plan.
- Manage relationships with the broker channel and ensure effective broker service levels. Identify and create coordinated business development opportunities.
- Ensure a consistent, detailed understanding amongst all team members of the business development targets, goals, performance levels, products, business rules and conditions.
- Manage campaigns and interventions in line with opportunities, available resources, product scope and best practices.
- Manage the allocated business development, incentive and expense budget for the team against set targets. Manage all costs, resource capacity planning and utilisation to support the achievement of business development targets, volumes, operational budgets and plans. Identify and drive opportunities to improve and expand product and service offerings. Actively manage and report on the achievement of business development targets as well as industry performance and trends.
- Lead the measurement, assessment and reporting on the performance of teams against targets and industry norms.
- Translate strategy into relevant service standards and processes, setting, communicating and measuring the corresponding operational measures and targets.
- Deliver new business opportunities in the intermediary market in support of the segmentation strategy.
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Operations and Claims to develop or enhance the current underwriting strategy with the intent to manage the risk and quality of the business being underwritten, while driving growth targets.
- Proactively monitor sales trends and identify and implement corrective actions as required. Lead the implementation of measures that monitor the quality and speed of services provided to brokers / customers.
- Ensure that risk is managed optimally within the technical framework particularly in risk acceptance and underwriting appetite.