Job Position: Head of Marketing
Industry: E-Commerce (Logistics)
Our client, Tai + is looking for a senior global business leader, a Head of Marketing, with a solid marketing
background and work experience managing a large marketing portfolio who shall provide strategic
leadership, from a market and product perspective to TAI +
- As a custodian of the TAI+ brand, maintain and evolve the company’s brands by devising its overall strategy, architecture, positioning, and look and feel to build brand awareness, perception and equity in Kenya and other markets.
- Provide leadership and oversight for insights and strategic developments based on business intelligence, data analytics and customer and consumer behavior to ensure that the organization is wining.
- Shall provide direction and marketing mix recommendations that support the business objectives and collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure TAI+ is developing the most effective marketing plans to meet targets.
- To ensure robust brand custody by creating powerful integrated communications delivered through an effective mix of channels.
- Lead Marketing Research and Customer insights to support decision-making. To lead in the sourcing of customer insights expertise within the Research & Customer Insights team
- To provide an integrated platform of accessing all the different areas under TAI+. Shall be the champion of ‘consumer focus’ and ‘customer insights’ within TAI+
- To enhance the position of TAI+ with key external stakeholders including the diverse customer to create a receptive market for growth of the brand, enhancing brand equity across customer segments.
- As a critical player in terms of input to the services decisions are driven by actionable consumer/ customer insights in an effort to maximize effectiveness and profitability
- From a range of research and data analysis techniques, identify strategic requirements and lead long-term opportunity development for innovation projects and their fit with overall business strategy for portfolio and TAI+ brand development
- Brand custodian responsible for development of brand architecture and brand guidelines
- Manage the company creative development process at TAI+ to ensure delivery of above-the-line, and below the line advertising materials for execution.
- Management of research and integrated media communications to deliver to strategy.
- Oversee internal coordination of advertising and promotional briefs to deliver world-class advertising with regards to brand, brand assets, sponsorships, and all internal departments.
- Embed and drive the understanding of customer motivation and identification of opportunities that will unlock growth for the business
- Champion and drive world class customer understanding and insights that will drive growth using a variety of best practice and processes
- Putting the customers at the heart of everything, actively inspire and influence Research and product teams to ensure they ingrain customer feedback/insights in the brand/product strategy and marketing activities to maximize effectiveness and profitability
- Champion the search and spin of knowledge, information, and ideas that will make Marketing a creative process that appeals to brand/product teams
Key performance indicators:
- Ensuring TAI+ advertising and Communication resonates and delivers world class services and execution and positively contributes to the brand image hence delivering the company promise.
- Positively impact brand health metrics of brand love, brand consideration, net promoter score, etc.
- Champion brand conformity as well as the understanding of the brand framework across the organization.
- Excellent brand and service positioning
- Monitoring and reporting on the OPEX budget, maximizing efficacy and efficiency of spend.
- Review approaches affecting the brand equity targets as set by the business. Measure and increase brand equity across targeted customer segments.
- Ensure and maximize ROI with regards to Agency performance, production, and resourcing level
- Management (design and execution) of key brand initiatives ensuring the Safaricom Corporate and brand
- Advertising portfolio:
- Oversee co-ordination of internal or external advertising and promotional material ensuring clear and consistent communication is delivered to the customer.
- Pioneering of new ways to connect with customers and analyze different data sources
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
Business and Leadership Competencies:
- Influence through networks
- Organizational performance
- Planning decisions
- Leads change
- Lead cross-functional programmes with multiple projects
- Uses a range of research and data analysis techniques to identify, prioritize customer segments and their values, attitudes and lifestyles
- Translates data into insights that identify opportunities to drive value in target customer segments
- Builds a brand that connects emotionally and rationally with our customers now and in the future
- Measures and increases brand equity across customer segments
- Refines propositions to maximise acquisition, retention and advocacy over the service lifecycle
- Applies knowledge of marketing processes and techniques to shape propositions.
- Can cohesively pull together Customer Insights and financial performance in Multiyear segment plans.
- Can create compelling segment propositions that give TAI+ a multi-year edge in the market. Plans and executes activities that bring the brand to life across specific segments and touch points.
- Owns and uses P&L knowledge to proactively influence commercial actions for shareholder value creation
- Builds integrated and targeted delivery methods, sets brand-aligned content strategy, and measures impact
- Develops systems, guidelines, and tools to diagnose customer issues.
- Can conduct training of different services to different stakeholders.
- An acknowledged thought leader in your area in your industry; pioneer new ways of creating and delivering value
- Defines KPIs to measure objectives of specific campaigns.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree holder in Business Administration/Marketing & Research or relevant degrees
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior sales, marketing, research, or customer management role
- Leadership skills and experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to apply through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th
October 2022 quoting the job title and the salary expectation on the subject line.
Please note Workforce Africa does not charge candidates for job placement.