Job Title: Hotel Accounts Assistant – Thika
Reports to: Finance Manager.
Industry: Hospitality Industry
Location: Kilimambogo, Thika
Gross Salary: KES. 25,000
Job Purpose: Our Client is looking to hire an Accounts Assistant who will be responsible for generating bills and collect all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Also Assist the finance manager in directing the financial activities of the hotel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and accurately entered into the accounting systems
- Ensuring compliance with government and corporate policies laws and regulations
- Prepares monthly reports
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and hotel procedures
- Undertake cash and bank reconciliations
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and document business transactions.
- Take responsibility for daily stock takes, spot checks, reconciliation and timely of daily sales reports against expenses.
- Responsible for verification of income, receivables & debtors reconciliation
- Prepares monthly revenue and cost center reports
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Responsible for statutory obligations i.e., PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, catering levy, corporate tax etc.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Commerce – Accounting or Finance
- At least 1 year of experience as an accountant in a hotel or lodge is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in accounting system
- Experience in using hotel operating and accounting system and Microsoft office and email applications is an added advantage
- Must be candidate of unquestionable integrity
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Excellent analytical skills and hotel controls
Apply directly through Our Career Page or Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. If you’re emailing us directly, remember to insert Hotel Accounts Assistant in the email subject line, for consideration latest by Thursday 20th October 2022.