HSSE Manager Job Vacancy at Maersk Line,
HSSE Manager Job Vacancy at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over
- Provide HSSE support to execute the TbM Operations & Business Plan in EAA.
- Support the TbM teams on development and implementation of HSSE policies, standards and procedures.
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies to address HSSE risks within TbM.
- Engagement with external stakeholders, including Port authorities to be able to influence improvements in HSSE as well as establish areas for collaboration and partnership
- Coordinate and provide appropriate training for Maersk staff and contractors working in the Port or other Maersk facilities.
- Ensure that all incident investigations are handled effectively and in accordance with the Maersk global HSSE standards, and investigation reports are completed in a timely manner, to include corrective and preventative actions for the root causes.
- Conduct audits, review audit findings, and manage compliance with action items.
- Compile and manage annual HSSE action plans per facility through the companies reporting tool.
- Maintain a good understanding of local / international regulations for the country and industry, including keeping track of changes.
- Provide support for the management of Dangerous Goods, including their disposal as per regulatory requirements.
- Put in place a program for inspection of equipment and vehicles used by staff including those provided by vendors / contractors.
- Drive and ensure alignment in respect of all statutory obligations and compliance with local legislation and APMM global HSSE standards and best practice in TbM.
- Ensure robust emergency response plans are in place for each facility in collaboration with the Port and other authorities.
- Implement mechanisms for management of Contractors on site, including requirements to ensure that contractor’s health and safety policies, procedures and systems are in place and are in accordance with Maersk standards, for Maersk controlled activities in the site.
- Contribute to the organizational safety culture through training, increased awareness, risk assessments, and behavior-based safety programs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent qualifications
- 5+ years working experience in HSSE positions, with experience in Logistics or Warehousing. Experience on Dangerous Goods handling will be an added advantage.
- NEBOSH Certificate / Diploma. Registration as an Occupational Safety and Health Advisor (DOSHS) will be an added advantage.
- Preference for a candidate with demonstrated experience in Port operations, Logistics, Warehousing and Container Freight Stations
- Good understanding of risk management principles and application of barriers and critical controls
- Good organization and planning skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel across East Africa, including Sudan.
- Good interpersonal, written and communication skills, and ability to work across different levels in the organization
- Communication and collaboration. Keeping people informed, sharing knowledge, ideas and information openly within the organization.
- Influencing external stakeholders.