Human Resource Assistant at Shining Hope for Communities,
Human Resource Assistant at Shining Hope for Communities
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode for 2+ million people annually across Kenya by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
The nationwide SHOFCO Urban Network (SUN) and SHOFCO program portfolio – combined with our locally rooted staff and values – enables us to uniquely understand the needs and priorities of informal urban communities. Moreover, we are further deepening this understanding through the introduction of cutting edge polling and data collection systems. These insights present us with a massive opportunity to have national level impact by engaging government and other systems-level actors.
To be responsible for supporting the HR Coordinator in carrying out all the basic Human Resources (HR) functions that support the delivery of SHOFCO’s brand promise.
Reports to – HR Officer
Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resource team.
- Maintain and manage accurate human resource records by updating the employee’s data bank, filling and keeping all employees’ documents in their respective files and opening files for new employees.
- Ensure all files are up to date as per the checklist.
- Coordinate HR projects including meetings, trainings and surveys as requested by the HR Manager.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities that is staffing, recruitment, training, grievances and performance evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment and interviewing process.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Maintain all leave records and updates to achieve coordinated leave administration process.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant e.g. absences, bonus and leave.
- Conduct initial orientation for newly hired staff.
- Respond to HR queries in the absence of HR Manager and Coordinators.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- CHRP is desirable
More details on experience
- Atleast 2 years’ experience working with the Human Resource department
- Must be familiar with the Kenya Labour Laws
- Experience working with human resource management systems
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
More Details on Skills
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Examining information
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 15th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.