Human Resource Manager at Janta Kenya,
Human Resource Manager at Janta Kenya
Jobs in Consulting, Jobs at Janta Kenya
Janta Kenya is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues
Human Resource Manager
- To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the company’s human capital, driving a positive culture of performance and result delivery. The role focuses on providing guidance to the management on strategic staffing plans, performance management, compensation, benefits, learning & development, compliance, cost reduction and labour relations.
- Establish employment status (Management & Junior Staff) for all staff and clearly articulate the policies applicable to each section of staff.
- Ensure staff records are validated and filed in the respective personnel files and in the HR Software.
LEAVE MANAGEMENT (ANNUAL, SICK, COMPENSATORY)
- Ensure annual leave planner is populated for all staff by department at the beginning of each year and followed thru. Any deviations must be preauthorised.
- Manage disciplinary end to end process as required by law
TIME AND ATTENDANCE.
- Ensure Attendance report are done daily by the HR Department.
- Drive timely attendance and adherence to company working hours
GRADING & BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION.
- Administration of benefits for all staff as per the grade (Medical, tools of trade etc)
- Ensure all staff have JDs and PP-KRAs signed that correctly reflect their work deliverables
- Plan and execute quarterly performance reviews for all staff.
- Staff on probation to be reviewed monthly and performance tracked
- Work with staff on PIP/PDP based on performance review feedback
- Prepare a quarterly calendar for one on one discussions with staffs on role alignment
RECRUITMENT & EXITS
- Identifying and filling in staffing gaps
- Handle the interviews with the HOD/MD
- Ensure that induction is done properly before the employee settles in their workplace
- Ensure separation process is followed and updated in the HR system
- To develop and initiate change management environment for performance and result delivery
- Implement actionable plans and activities on mission, vision and core values
- Develop competency leadership programs
- Plan for staff engagement activities
- Plan for weekly & monthly staff talks.
- Plan for fungua Roho sessions on monthly basis
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Manage development programs with tracking system in place for all staff in line with business needs
- Ensure training calendar is in place for staff especially for general welfare and wellbeing of employees
- Leave – ensure staff are within 10 days carry over to the following year
- Labour cost management by following up on requisitions to ensure compliance
- Overtime MUST be at a bare minimum and any overtime must be preapproved.
- Reduction of excess staff and ensure strict compliance to shift system for all critical departments and reduction of waste and excess labour.
- Focus on increasing output per employee Q on Q.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Develop and/or review policies and procedures in line with applicable labour laws
- Continuous sensitization of staff on company policies and procedures
- Carry out mapping of all roles to ensure there is succession plan for all roles
- Compliance – legal, statutory, labour laws, CBA, medical certificate and food handlers’ certificate, NEA and other revenant laws
- Ensure risk identification and put in place mitigation measures
- Ensure you prepare and send reports on weekly ROI (Result, Objectives and Issues/Initiatives), Monthly ROPE (Results, Objectives, Plan & Execution). Send ROI by every Saturday.
- Ensure your team send you their ROIs (Results for the week, Objectives for the following week and Issues or initiatives that they may have to improve their performance) to you by every Saturday,analyse and give timely feedback.
- Environmental Compliance
- Review and update Healthy and safety policy
- Follow through on accident and injury cases including notification to insurance under WIBA
Skill & Experience
- Degree in HR /Business Management
- IHRM certification
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Manufacturing industry in the same capacity
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject “Human Resource Manager” to: email@example.com by or before 11 th July 2023.