Human Resource Officer at Justice Defenders,
Human Resource Officer at Justice Defenders
We are a movement of people walking with a limp, from different walks of life. There is no us or them, no beneficiary or benefactor. Each of us is both.
Human Resource Officer
Reporting to the Human Resource Director (HRD), the Human Resource Officer (HRO) will focus on designing, developing and delivering strategic employee learning and development programs including, but not limited to, management and leadership development, onboarding, and career development through various modalities including presentations to large or small groups, e-learning and interactive sessions, etc. The role will also assess and anticipate HR-related needs by identifying gaps, diagnosing root causes and proposing means to develop integrated solutions.
Training and Development
- Recommends, designs, develops and implements innovative learning and development programs that support the full employment lifecycle, including onboarding, career development, wellness, succession planning, and management and leadership development. Program development and delivery facilitated both online and in person.
- Assesses needs, analyzes gaps, researches best practices, and partners with Human Resources Global Team and Legal Practice Teams to identify, develop and implement successful and innovative learning and development programs.
- Develops and implements program processes and procedures, maintains records and tracks outcomes.
- Utilizes learning theories to provide customized learning opportunities.
- Continually monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs and makes needed adjustments.
- Coordinates learning and development program activities including forming committees, scheduling, event logistics and vendor relations.
- Identifies, develops and offers training in the use of online resources and technologies to support organizational development.
- Maintains technical expertise and knowledge of best practices in online educational trends, changes and developments, and service strategies. Recommends new approaches, modifications or changes that will improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
Information Management Systems
- Develops integrated talent/performance/learning reports, dashboards and portals in support of the learning organization, and ensures data is leveraged within the organization.
- Serves as the data custodian of the HRIS system; uses technical savvy to provide support to internal and external clients ensuring user experiences are positive and creates resources providing information and services.
- At the global level, support the HR sections of the online systems and services, applicant tracking system, leave management and other organization information systems
- Provide Organizational Development support to managers, proactively highlighting areas or issues that would lead to more efficiencies and growth opportunities to staff.
- Monitor planning interviews, mid-year review and end year appraisal of all staff as part of the Performance Management process.
- Manage end of probation period review in liaison with line managers.
- In liaison with line managers assist in overseeing the implementation and management of performance improvement plans when required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support overall organization and employee development initiatives
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a fast-paced international organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Education, Educational Leadership, Business or related field. Education requirements may be substituted by experience.
- Professional HR accreditation essential
- Training and development principles, practices, methods, and procedures;
- Needs assessment methods;
- Design principles and best practices for effective online learning media use and learner engagement;
- East Africa labor laws. Other West African experience or exposure would be a plus!
- Well-developed people skills, high level of emotional intelligence; excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop strong trusting relationships with employees at all levels.
- A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker, who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives and find solutions effectively.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills, active-listening, counseling, interviewing, investigating and report writing.
- Speaking in public and presenting information to large and small groups;.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify JDs’ values on Bravery, Humility & Solidarity.