Human Resource Officer at Shining Hope for Communities,
Human Resource Officer at Shining Hope for Communities
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode for 2+ million people annually across Kenya by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
The nationwide SHOFCO Urban Network (SUN) and SHOFCO program portfolio – combined with our locally rooted staff and values – enables us to uniquely understand the needs and priorities of informal urban communities. Moreover, we are further deepening this understanding through the introduction of cutting edge polling and data collection systems. These insights present us with a massive opportunity to have national level impact by engaging government and other systems-level actors.
To be responsible for ensuring the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are conducted in a manner that allows proper implementation of SHOFCO’s strategy and objectives.
Reports to – Senior HR Officer
Direct reports- Human Resource Assistant
Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Manage recruitment and selection for officer level downwards, including placing job advertisements, shortlisting and conducting interviews.
- Overseeing and managing the Employee Assistance Program.
- Support in ensuring compliance and adherence to Organisation Health and Safety Regulations.
- Support the HR Manager indeveloping annual budgets for the HR function in conjunction with institutional managers, and ensuring adherence to set budget targets throughout the year.
- Payroll management; compile and review payroll inputs on a monthly basis
- Conduct member education to staffs on Employee rights, Benefits and ShofcoEmployee handbook.
- Administer the human resources policies and procedures that relate to SHOFCO’s personnel.
- Liaise with the line managers to manage and coordinate grievance management and disciplinary proceedings and recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes and ensure proper documentation is done.
- Overseeing the administration department and ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained within the organisation.
- Work hand in hand with line managers onperformance management to ensure thathigh performance is achieved.
- Facilitate on boarding process of all new staff in coordination with the line managers
- Act as the link between the Organisation and the Insurance service providers and coordinate thebenefits program.Reconcile and resolve benefits related problems.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are compliant.
- Assist in regularly reviewing and updating the HR policies and procedures.
- Support during the employee probationary period by issuing probationary guidance, making sure probationary documentations are provided.
- Employees exit management, ensuring proper exit processes are adhered to and proper documentation is done
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Management and Leadership or any other related field
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) is desirable
- Registration with Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) is a must
More details on experience
- Atleast 3 years’ experience working with the Human Resource department
- Must be familiar with the Kenya Labour Laws
- Experience with an ERP will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
More Details on Skills
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Articulating information
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 15th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.