Job Title: Human Resource Officer – Manufacturing
Reporting to: Director
Industry: Manufacturing (Packaging Materials)
Location: Nairobi (With frequents travels to Thika)
Gross Salary: KES. 70,000
Job Purpose: Our client is a well-established group of businesses mainly a manufacturer of packaging materials and also has a series of hardware outlets.
They seek to hire a keen and well experienced Human Resource Officer for overall management of the HR Department handling staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, employee welfare and the overall management of the HR office environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Maintaining the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
- Deliver HR policies and practices that are compliant with corporate guidelines, labour and
- Manpower Regulations, Social Framework and EHS rules.
- Performance Appraisal of employees and job grading
- Provide industry related – market competitive compensation and benefit programs, through external benchmarking
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training – including inductions for new staff
- Drawing up plans for future personnel needs
- Counselling staff about any problems they may have, either at work or personally
- Provide advice and information to management and employees on human resource policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and occupational health and safety programmes
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Assist in investigation of claims
- Manage industrial /labour relations, assisting with union negotiations, compliance & relationship essential; handle labour disputes; handle disciplinary issues; Labour injury claims.
- Lead employee engagement & change initiatives
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Professional qualification of a post graduate diploma/degree in HR Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR role in the manufacturing sector
- Must be a Member of IHRM
- Ability to confidently engage and influence at senior levels
- Experience in handling blue-collar labour-intensive environments
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Must have Integrity and be approachable
- Must have experience with CBAs
Apply directly through our careers page.
In case you are experiencing difficulties, apply through the email indicated below
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 24th October 2022
Indicate email subject as Human Resource Officer – Manufacturing.