Human Resources & Administration Manager at MTGK
Human Resources & Administration Manager at MTGK.
Human Resources & Administration Manager at MTGK
Jobs at Moving the Goalposts Kilifi (MTGK)
Moving the Goalposts Kilifi is a community based organization that, since 2002, uses football to empower girls in the rural and urban areas of Kilifi and Kwale County. MTG’s goals is to have a more inclusive, just and peaceful world where girls’ and women’s human rights are realized and protected. It uses a rights based approach and focuses…
Human Resources & Administration Manager
- Planning, developing, and implementing the strategy for Human Resources including recruitment policies, quality procedures, discipline, grievance, mediation, pay and conditions, contracts, training, and development, among others.
- Carrying out organizational HR workforce planning and succession planning to enhance multi-skilling and talent pool development
- Develop and oversee the implementation of MTG volunteer management policy in liaison with the Program department and the Executive Director (that includes a performance management framework).
Policy interpretation & implementation
- Providing advice and guidance to staff on the interpretation of HR policies and practices and employment law issues.
- Providing support to the senior management team on aspects of HR development, objectives, purposes, and achievements.
- Train all staff on the staff manual (policies & procedures) and volunteer policy
Recruitment and placement
- Planning and implementation of annual organizational human resource requirements in liaison with the departmental heads (full-time, part-time, and volunteers).
- Cost-effectively administering the recruitment process by identifying staffing needs, sourcing, selecting, hiring, and onboarding.
Compensation, welfare & benefits administration
- Managing administration of employee benefits and compliance with statutory requirements (tax laws). This includes terms and conditions of service, remuneration packages, leave records, and staff welfare concerns like medical, pension/gratuity, contract-end terminal benefits, etc.
- Ensure adherence by staff to the Volunteer Management Policy.
- Lead/guide the management team in ensuring the implementation and tracking of performance management processes for all staff levels.
- Track objective setting, periodic (quarterly and annual) appraisals, and role evaluations or reviews with departmental heads.
- Ensuring the linking of performance reviews to annual increments and employee development
Capacity building, staff training, and development
- Evaluating and implementing staff training programs in liaison with departmental heads.
- In liaison with departmental heads, develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience and professional development needs of staffers.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps
- Capacity building and training of staff in line with the inclusion policy
- Sourcing external training programs, organizing internal training sessions, and carrying out post-training evaluations for management use.
- Managing all internal communication to ensure adherence to organizational culture and application of procedures & guidelines on all HR matters.
- Handle grievances, and disciplinary processes and provide workplace conflict resolution in line with the organization’s grievances and disciplinary policy to maintain a conducive working environment for all.
Employee data management
- Developing and managing staff employment contracts based on the various projects that have diverse completion/termination dates and extensions
- Developing and implementing all HR policy manuals and support tools.
- Developing role profiles and job specifications for all organizational jobs (in liaison with departmental heads) and maintaining the HR database.
- Maintain a central and departmental leave schedule/records for all staff
- Review leave applications for all staff in liaison with departmental heads.
- Ensure all employee files are up to date with required employee documentation in line with the Labor laws and maintained centrally for organizational use
- Managing HRMIS to administrator key HR functions
- Salary processing and benefits administration through the monthly payroll in liaison with the finance department.
- Developing and advising the Management team on staff salary reviews and benefits, ensuring consistency of reviews for all staff.
Safety and security
- Provide Health and Safety advice in line with OSHA Act and the organization’s policy.
- Proactively carry out risk assessments, including issues around staff health and welfare.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of all IT assets
- Oversee that the LAN is connected, operating, and virus free
- Oversee and ensure that internet connectivity is excellent/efficient
- Oversee security, office administration & maintenance of MTG office premises/compound
- Oversee rental of office premises at MTG HQ
- Supervise IT & Administration Officer, Office Assistants/Drivers, and Office Security.
- Appraise staff under the HR & Administration Department.
- Serve as Secretary to Board HR Committee, write board papers, take notes, and follow up on key actions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.