Human Resources Assistant at Sheffield Steel Systems,
Human Resources Assistant at Sheffield Steel Systems
Sheffield Steel Systems was set up in 2003 with the aim of providing customized solutions suitable for the hospitality industry in Africa. Over the years the company has grown having installed over 7000 kitchens across Africa with some in Nigeria and Zambia. We have grown into a strong regional power house and now the leading supplier of commercial kitchen.
Human Resources Assistant
Qualifications: Min. Graduate
- Support all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Maintain calendars of the HR management team.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR assistant (essential).
- Exposure to labor law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.