Human Resources Management Officer at Kenya Dairy Board,
Human Resources Management Officer at Kenya Dairy Board
Kenya Dairy Board (KDB) is a state corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries established through an Act of Parliament, CAP 336 of the Laws of Kenya. Dairy farming and marketing of dairy products in Kenya goes way back to 1900 when it was in the hands of the colonial settlers. As Africans exerted pressure to have a share in dairy activities at that time, there was need to expand the sector and allow the native Africans to also produce and have a market share. A committee was formed in early 1940’s chaired by the department of Agriculture of the time which led to the development of the Swynnerton plan of 1948 that recommended the inclusion of Africans in dairy farming.
Human Resources Management Officer
Human Resources Management Officer job opportunity at the Kenya Dairy Board. The Board is seeking to offer opportunities to qualified professionals who are focused, organised and result oriented in the following positions: Human Resources Management Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities of the Human Resources Management Officer will entail:
- Collating information relating to recruitment and selection, appointments, training, performance management, records and staff compliment control;
- Collecting data in relation HIV/AIDS prevention, gender, disability mainstreaming, alcohol, drug and substance abuse, osha;
- Processing of salaries, allowances, benefits and final dues and payroll administration;
- Performing pre- selection and preparation for interviews;
- Inducting staff and on-boarding programmes;
- Undertaking training needs analysis, projections and developing training programmes;
- Developing training materials for in-house courses;
- Administering performance appraisal, collates performance related data, analysing and preparing related reports;
- Preparing periodic progress reports;
- Preparing of Human Resource Management Division budget and procurement plans;
- Preparing and analyzing Human Resource Management metrics and related reports;
- Implementing Human Resource Management policies, laws, regulations, procedures and systems.
Minimum requirements for the Senior Research Enterprises Officer
- Have a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in a comparable position;
- Experience in processing of payroll will be an added advantage;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management, Business Administration or its qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have a post graduate Diploma in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or Certified Human Resource Professional finalist or Certified Public Secretaries Part 2 (CPS 2) or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Be proficient in Computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Application accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card are invited from persons qualified for the above positions. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of a least two referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization. The applicant should request their referees to submit their references directly to the undersigned. Application and referees confidential report on the applicant’s suitability for the job should only be submitted online via email on or before midnight of 25th January 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kenya Dairy Board,
Headquarter Office, NSSF Building, Block “A”,
Eastern Wing 10th Floor P.O Box 30406-00100, NAIROBI