I&M Bank – Assistant Manager Letter of Credit Document Checking Jobs.
I &M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
Assistant Manager Letter of Credit Document Checking
The objective of the job is to thoroughly check documents received under Letters of Credit and Standbys, in compliance with bank policies, International Customs and Practices for LCs, Standby LCs; and central bank prudential guidelines. To provide timely and efficient customer experience, revenue generation as per set targets, and customer experience, while safeguarding the bank’s interest in prevention of money laundering activities, trade based money laundering(TMBL), potential litigations and losses
Processing of documents received under Import Letters of Credit.
- Receiving shipping documents from courier companies, date and time stamping and recording the courier tracking numbers,
- Thoroughly scrutinizing the documents received against the terms and conditions of the letter of credit (LC) and within customer service level agreement (SLA),
- Preparing the document status list, Intimation Letter & Cost Memos, and Bills of exchange per set of documents received,
- Notifying and advising customers of receipt of the documents, and dispatching them to the respective branches, as appropriate and as per customer request for collection,
- Prepare Acceptances Maturity Listings updated on monthly basis and share the listing with concerned stakeholders i.e Treasury Dept, Settlement Dept, and Relationship managers,
- Vessel screening and escalation of all vessels flagged by system to Risk and compliance department,
- Liaising with Branches on weekly basis to confirm that all documents dispatched to the respective branches have been collected by customers and follow up with customers if not,
- Ensuring internal courier bags for shipping documents are in good working order and not torn and arranging replacement where need be,
- Implementing agreed audit recommendations and RCSA action items,
- Ensuring that all title documents are securely stored in the fire proof cabinets at all times,
- Assisting in verification and authorization of other Trade products transactions in both SWIFT and core banking system
- Training of Management Trainees, and new staff in department,
- Back up for the LC Issuance or LC Bill Acceptances & Payment desks and subsidiary support
Routine administrative tasks such as:
- Monitoring the Nostro Statements and Reconciliations, and accounting for and/or clearing any outstanding item(s),
- Calling back the daily Document checking register to ensure all documents received are recorded,
- Responding to customer queries/complaints, and correspondent bank queries.
- Participate in the regular review of procedure manuals on document checking to ensure all changes occurring in the course of year are incorporated,
- Participate in the update of RCSAs to ensure all emerging risks relating to Letters of Credit and Standby letters of credit document checking are updated,
- Filing and archiving
- Any other duties as may be guided by Supervisor
- Master’s in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) or Certificate in International Trade Finance; and
- Member of Association of Kenya Institute of Bankers.
- At least 7 years’ relevant professional experience and track record in processing of trade products.
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organization skills (Ability to prioritize)
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer Skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Robust knowledge on processing of Letters or credit and StandBys, excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards, bank policies and international rules UCP, ISP, ISBP
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 30th May 2022.