Imports & Exports Graduate Trainee at Kenafric Industries,
Imports & Exports Graduate Trainee at Kenafric Industries
Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG / Jobs at Kenafric Industries
Founded in 1987 by the Chedda family, Kenafric Industries Limited is one of the largest manufacturers of Confectionery, Food, Footwear, and Stationery products in Kenya. Kenafric employs over 1500 people directly and touches the lives of more than 7500 people indirectly.
Imports & Exports Graduate Trainee
Import & Export Responsibilities
- Liaising with clearing agents on goods under clearance and ensure that they do not incur any storage or demurrage charges.
- Verifying of the shipping charges and confirming to the clearing agents.
- Processing shipping line demurrage invoices by checking their correctness for payment.
- Sourcing for freight forwarders and negotiating for appropriate rates.
- Ensuring smooth transition of cargo from supplier to forwarder and then to the shipping line.
- Backchecking import processes to ensure that they are followed adequately, and corrective and preventive measures are put in place.
- Ensuring there is exemption of duty on spare parts; and following up to delivery of the spare parts.
- Overseeing and auditing export documents are processed, i.e invoices, packing lists, Certificate of origin,
- Certificates of analysis and export entries are sent to the clearing agents within 24hours from the time the invoice is raised.
- Backchecking export processes to ensure that they are followed adequately, and corrective and preventive measures are put in place.
- Support in resolving upcoming imports and exports challenges and issues and ensuring immediate escalation as and when required.
- Coming up with analytical reports on imports and exports processes and imports procurement.
- Ensuring imported and exported goods follow due customs process according to laid down East Africa customs laws.
- Ensuring imported and exported goods has cleared timely to avoid extra costs.
- Preparing all the required Export documentation for fast and efficient clearance at the border exit points
- Following up with clearing agents on the return of endorsed export entries for use in VAT claims on duty exemption reconciliation.
- Ensuring timely execution of import supply plans and ensure that there is no stock outs.
- Sourcing of noncontracted imported raw materials and ensure that the company gets a competitive market rate.
- Carrying out quote’s analysis, advising on the most appropriate quotes and seeking approval on the most
- competitive total cost to the company.
- Support R & D and sales teams in sourcing and delivery of samples during product approval process.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Diploma in clearing and forwarding or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- East Africa Customs and Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate
Send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25thAugust 2022 Email Subject Line: Graduate Trainee – Impex