Individual Contractor Job at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Individual Contractor Job at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Perform the following tasks:
• Assist the GMCP programme coordinator in the development, implementation and evaluation of the programme activities under the Global Maritime Crime Programme;
• Assist the GMCP programme coordinator and other team members in identifying technical assistance needs for capacity building and develop sustainable strategies to reform and strengthen the capacity of maritime law enforcement and other criminal justice authorities in the region
• Assist the programme coordinator and other team members in project/programme and/or budget revisions, the preparation and dissemination of costed work plans, terms of references and other related project documentation on maritime crime and detention and transfer;
• Contribute with substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies;
• Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, briefing notes, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc., relating to maritime crime issues in the region;
• Provide administrative and substantive support to the GMCP programme coordinator in view of consultative and other meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposing participants, preparing background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.;
• Assist the GMCP programme coordinator with administrative processes related to the procurement of equipment and services including preparation of purchase orders, contracts for consultants, related payment requests, and monitoring and follow-up on such requests in line with UN financial rules and regulations;
Academic Qualifications: A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• A minimum of 6 months’ international work experience in administrative services, finance, human resources and/or project management is required.
• Previous experience in the conduct of research, data collection and/or programme management is desirable.
• Experience in assisting the organization of meetings and conferences is desirable.
• Experience in the conduct of research, data collection and/or working with transnational organized crime, piracy and small island states is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations Secretariat language is an advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) on careers.un.org to apply