Information Security Engineer at Jamii Telecommunications,
Information Security Engineer at Jamii Telecommunications
Jamii Telecommunications Limited (JTL) is a privately owned Kenyan telecommunication service provider offering broadband and mobile services under the “FAIBA” brand.
Information Security Engineer
We are looking to recruit an Information Security Engineer responsible for the organizations computer systems, networks and proper evaluation of security issues for hardware or software.
INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
- Cloud assessments, Cloud Security Engineering, Web Application Assessments.
- Responding to all system and/or network security incidents.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER JOB
- University degree in a relevant field Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / IT).
- Professional qualifications added advantage , Juniper JNCIA-SEC, Cisco CCNA-SEC, Vmware (VCP), CCA(Citrix-xenserver), CEH.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Cybersecurity Security in the telecom industry
- Competence in SDN, SOAR tools, Application Vulnerabiltiy testing highly preferred.
- Confident communicator and possess excellent attention to detail,
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-awareness and assertiveness.