Intern – Health and Nutrition – Merti at Catholic Relief, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Intern – Health and Nutrition – Merti at Catholic Relief
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
Intern – Health and Nutrition – Merti
While being provided with a learning opportunity, the Health and Nutrition intern will be part of the Nawiri health and nutrition team. The main role is to support the County Department of Health in the provision health and nutrition services. The intern will support the implementation of Nawiri program activities with close supervision and guidance from the County Department of Health Officers and the Nawiri program staff to foster learning and development by the end of the internship period.
In close consultation with the County Department of Health, the Nawiri SC/Ward Coordinator and the Nawiri consortium partners, the health and nutrition intern will learn while providing support to the implementation of planned health and nutrition activities. These will include:
- Participating in Nawiri weekly activity planning
- Under the guidance of the health worker, he/she will support in nutrition screening, registration, commodity distribution and updating tally sheets and registers during IMAM activities both at the facility and at community level.
- In collaboration with Caritas and the health workers, facilitate smooth delivery of integrated health and nutrition outreaches
- Participate and provide support during community level activities including household visits, Family MUAC monitoring, community dialogues among other activities as guided by the health and nutrition officers.
- Compile activity reports and field visit reports at end the of each activity using standard tools including putting together weekly progress reports
- Participate in team meetings as part of learning
- Any other activities assigned by the line manager
- NAWIRI Health and Nutrition Manager – Concern/Caritas
- Health and Nutrition officers – Concern/Caritas
- Health facility in charge – MOH
- BSc in Nutrition or related health field – Nursing, Community/Public Health from Kenyan universities/reputable colleges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write good reports
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications
- Willingness to learn new things in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to speak at least one local language in Isiolo and Marsabit in addition to English and Kiswahili
- Should be a resident in Isiolo or Marsabit
- Willingness to stay long days in remote field locations
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty and integrity, positive attitude and ability to learn.