Intern – Livelihoods at Catholic Relief, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Intern – Livelihoods at Catholic Relief
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
Intern – Livelihoods
While being provided with a learning opportunity, the Animal Health Intern shall be responsible to and report directly to the Project officer – Livestock and Agriculture or designate in carrying out of his/her duties. The purpose of the position is to support provision of community-based animal health services and livestock-related projects in the Illeret ward. S/he will support capacity enhancement of Community Disease Reporters (CDR) and support strengthening of existing community-based diseases surveillance structures and link them to the County government of Marsabit Veterinary Department.
- Undertake disease control activities such as disease search/surveillance, vaccination, reporting and enforcement of livestock movement regulations.
- Participate in the training of stakeholders in vector control programmes;
- Advise pastoralists on good veterinary practices and treatment of sick animals
- Collect data and prepare reports on animal health, products, and markets.
- Strengthen existing community-based diseases surveillance structures and link them to Government of Kenya Veterinary Department.
- Maintain close collaboration with Subcounty Veterinary Officer, Livestock Officer and Local Administration
- Participate in staff meetings and workshops related to veterinary services, food security and livelihoods
- Coordinate with public and private animal health service providers to reach Nawiri participants in Illeret ward
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, reports based on livestock actual field activities in Illeret
- Actively advance Nawiri’s connections to livestock at ward level, seeking avenues for partnership, collaboration and coordination of activities
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Strong relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Team player who can work independently while also being highly collaborative and open. Capable of building relationships and influencing the opinions of others.
- Willingness to stay long days in remote field locations
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty and integrity, positive attitude, ability to learn, and with a recent full medical check-up.
- At least diploma in animal health from a Kenyan recognized institution
- Be registered by Kenya Veterinary Board (K.V.B.) or be a member of a relevant professional association
- Willingness to work in the field with, veterinary officers, CDRs, SILC and Farmer Field Schools
- Willingness to learn new things in a rapidly changing context