Internal Job Posting for the Position of Director of Alumni Relations at Strathmore University,
Internal Job Posting for the Position of Director of Alumni Relations at Strathmore University
The Alumni Relations office establishes and maintains supportive, lifelong relationships with Strathmore University alumni through frequent events and programs with the goal of advancing the mission of the University. The director Alumni relations will therefore be responsible for; Building lifelong relationships with alumni in support of the University, facilitating two-way communication between the University and alumni, leveraging a powerful alumni body for the benefit of the alumni, university and students and Maintaining the values, history and traditions that help secure the future for the University.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategy: To establish, direct, and implement the strategic plan for the entire Strathmore Alumni Community to support the achievement of the University’s objectives.
- Program Development: To oversee the design and implementation of program activities for the Strathmore University Alumni to engage in University activities such as learning events, mentoring, fundraising, guest speaker series, student clubs, volunteering, etc.
- Alumni Engagement: To facilitate and organize engagement activities and projects for Strathmore alumni community members to engage with each other such as in networking, educational, and social events and maintain regular communication, feedback and contact information updated.
- Partnerships: To identify and deliver partnerships with appropriate third parties that will enable a great range benefits of mutual value to alumni and to the university.
- School Alumni chapters: Oversee the development, implementation, and co-ordination of the University’s School’s alumni chapters and their activities.
- Collaboration: To work as a conduit between the alumni community and the University to harness appropriate alumni input on key University projects and initiatives.
- Human Resource Management: To recruit, select, and develop staff within the alumni association office through liaison with the University’s P&C department and ensure that training programs are effective in enhancing the skills needed for alumni management.
- Financial Management: To develop, manage, and oversee the areas of budgetary management and financial control within the alumni association office to ensure proper utilization of resources towards achieving the plans and objectives agreed with the University.
- To coordinate the actualization of Strathmore Alumni Association as foreseen in its constitution and make it attractive to past and current Strathmore University students;
- In liaison with Strathmore University Foundation, establish and support the achievement of fundraising supportive environment and targets from Strathmore Alumni community.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time as long as it is within the scope of the job and is aligned to the mission and vision of the University.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree from a recognized institution preferably in management, project management, programs management, marketing, public relations or closely related
- At least 6 years’ experience in client facing relationship office with dealing with medium to senior management level positions
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrated accomplishment in developing successful projects, products, etc which involve fostering productive relationships with volunteers and multiple stakeholders
- Experience in dealing with people across different age groups preferably in a higher education institution and early working careers
- Proven knowledge of the higher education sector and the challenges and opportunities involved in engaging an alumni community
- Ability to identify new learning opportunities that would be appropriate for Alumni.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and organizing events appropriate for different size of groups and mixture.
- Experience and skills related to social media, public speaking and public relations
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting Director Alumni Relations on the subject line to email@example.com by 28th July 2023.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.