International Rescue Committee Is Hiring!,
International Rescue Committee Is Hiring!
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Information Security Analyst
The Senior Information Security Analyst is a key member of the Global Information Security (GIS) team supporting cyber security and data privacy services, operations, communications, and awareness. Reporting to and supporting the Deputy Director of Security Operations (DD SecOps), this role strengthens IRC’s risk posture through the support of the multi-year Security Enhancement Program (SEP). This position serves as a backup to the Deputy Director SecOps and develops and aligns IT security controls with strategy and best practices, proactively and reactively assessing threats. The ideal candidate has a consistent record in both IT security technology implementation, operation and incident response.
This role is a key member of the GIS team supporting cyber security and data privacy services, operations, communications, and awareness. Reporting to and supporting the Deputy Director of Security Operations (DD SecOps), this role strengthens IRC’s risk posture through the support of the multi-year Security Enhancement Program (SEP). This position serves as a backup to the Deputy Director SecOps and develops and aligns IT security controls with strategy and standard methodologies, proactively and reactively assessing threats. The ideal candidate has a proven record in both IT security technology implementation, operation and incident response.
Cyber Incident Response and IT Security and Privacy Support
- Strengthen security operations by leading the design and deployment of key technology security and privacy features. Lead organizational threat intelligence, incident response teams, and server as primary author for IR playbooks and processes.
- Be responsible for and administer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system, improving processes to ensure alerts are dispositioned according to standard process at all levels of support. Provides ongoing analysis and tuning of the SIEM and implements SIEM and EDR-related management processes, including incident response playbooks and procedures for current and emerging threats.
- Design and implement security and privacy health feedback metrics for multiple audiences. Use multiple sources, as necessary, to create and maintain metrics/measurements to articulate the current risk posture.
- Serve as primary custodian (administrative, operational, and technical system administrator) for key Sentinel, Zerofox, Mandiant, Azure Defender, M365 security and compliance, and other systems as specified. Provide technical direction and training to technical staff to correct high-priority vulnerabilities. Resolve problems through internal resources or consultation with vendor technical support staff.
- Provides input and advisory support to MS Dynamics 365 security team.
- Actively supports Managed Security Services Providers and other related risk management providers.
Change and Project Management
- Works with organizational change management specialists to update and strengthen communications.
- Coordinates with PMO and adheres to PMO project methodology.
- Completes projects on time and quickly develops and maintains relationships with the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information systems-related field is required or 5 years of equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Min 3-6 years in IT including at least 2 years in IT security operations, 2-5 years in a global organization;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience leading and improving incident response for 8,000+ enterprises including establishing processes, standards, and runbooks.
- Validated, hands-on understanding of Azure and enterprise-class technologies including phishing simulators, email security (i.e. gateway, DMARC/SPF/DKIM, etc.) M365, DLP and SSO/SAML, etc. sufficient to engineer technical security controls and respond to incidents.
- Confirmed, hands-on experience optimizing cloud security systems such as MS Defender, Google Security Center, AWS (i.e. IAM, Macie, GuardDuty, Cloudtrail, etc.) Meraki, CASB, Box or Salesforce Shield, etc.)
- Experience with MS KQL, python, and cyber frameworks (i.e Mitre Attack Framework, CIS, OWASP, etc.).
- Good interpersonal skills to help identify key relationships and to maintain them, and adequate oral and written communications skills for technical policy and standards development.
- Proven project management capabilities for deployment of IT security products and supporting communications skills needed to drive organizational change.
Nutrition MEAL Advisor
The Nutrition MEAL Advisor will lead the Health Unit’s work to create tools, systems and processes that support country programs to have better access to quality data about their programs, and use that data to monitor and evaluate projects. The Nutrition MEAL Advisor will lead the development of a global nutrition data toolkit using CommCare and PowerBi and development of data collection tools and guidance for nutrition core indicators. The Advisor will also support the annual statistics process, collection and reporting on quarterly indicators to report on organizational Impact at Scale targets and provide support to country program surveys and assessments. The specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the Nutrition data toolkit in CommCare/ PowerBi to ensure alignment with core indicators and tools, and reporting through the Program Indicator Dashboard and reporting scale metrics.
- Lead the development of nutrition data collection tools and guidance for nutrition core indicators
- Lead the review of nutrition annual statistics data
- Lead the collection and reporting of Impact at Scale quarterly scale metrics from eleven countries
- Collaborate with members of the Health Unit and country programs to analyze M&E data, and to identify and document lessons learned related to nutrition programs
- Contribute towards development of MEAL plans for country and global proposals
- Provide capacity strengthening of Health Unit staff about nutrition MEAL
- Support data needs for nutrition focused advocacy and communication
Provide support to country program surveys and assessments:
- Infant and young child feeding (IYCF) population-based surveys
- Coverage surveys (scale countries will assess coverage of malnutrition treatment) Development of IMPACT tools and support to conduct assessments (e.g., nutrition-sensitive gender assessment)
- Other assessments as needed (e.g. cost of diet, participatory action research, TIPS, etc.)
- Provide capacity strengthening of country program staff about nutrition MEAL
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Management in Partnership with the Senior Technical Advisor for Health MEAL (New York) and the Senior Technical Advisor for Nutrition (New York)
- Position directly supervises: Typically, has no direct supervision of staff.
- Internal: Regular relationships with the nutrition, health and country technical counterparts. Interacts with IRC internal departments across CRRD and other technical units
- External: May participate in outside meetings and academic forums with donors, other non-governmental organizations and inter-agency groups as needed.
- Education: University degree in related field plus Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Health Nutrition or Global Nutrition is required.
- Skills: Ability to work optimally and respectfully on diverse teams and across diverse contexts. Good technical acuity, takes initiative and produces results, ability to accept feedback and integrate it, strong communication and presentation skills and a dedication to contribute to a positive work environment. Strong data analytical skills and understanding of Nutrition monitoring and evaluation in low resource contexts is required; Committed to upholding diversity, equality and inclusion principles. Good level interpersonal skills with a high level of English oral and written skills. Ability to proficiently communicate and write in French is highly desirable, but not required. Experience working with digital technology for health platforms (CommCare, PowerBi) is desirable.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 6-8 professional experience with a min of 3 years of international experience is required leading nutrition responses in humanitarian settings and/ or leading M&E of nutrition programs. Expertise and experience working on the monitoring and evaluation of community-based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) and on prevention to undernutrition is required. Experience in M&E software and nutrition assessment methodologies (e.g. SQUEAC, IYCF, TIPS and cost-of diet) is required.
Junior HelpDesk Technician
The Support Technician will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
Customer Service and Communication
- Professionally, respectfully and effectively represents IT Team members, and IRC services to the users.
- Keep accurate notes of issues and troubleshooting steps taken within our ticketing system.
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to ensure issue resolution and user satisfaction.
- Adhere to internal audit responsibility policies and procedures and communicate the same to the end-users.
Technical Skills – Level I Help Desk Support
- Provide Tier 1 & 2 help desk support for technical assistance in person, via phone chat using ServiceNow ticketing system, and follow up with customers and users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support Windows 10, PCs Macintosh workstations and, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create and maintain user accounts in AD Manager and O365 (user, computer, security objects).
- Filter HelpDesk calls and provide support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, toner replacement, break/fix, and escalation to higher level support.
- Follow standard help desk procedures, apply knowledgebase to problems and provide assistance to users: problem identification, instruction, and resolution of problems.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with end user and team members as required.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems; alert management to emerging trends in incidents, identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Perform other duties as required.
Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping
- Validate and create knowledgebase articles and user documentation.
- Assign tickets and monitor/attend to the unassigned queue(s) in ticketing system.
- System administration and maintenance.
- Close tickets within established service levels.
- Education: College degree or equivalent certification
- 1-3 years of experience in help desk/desktop support position
- Experience with Active Directory, and O365, Azure and SCCM
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and networking equipment
- Experience with Microsoft and MAC Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
- Experience working with ITIL, and service desk best practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- A genuine desire to patiently help others solve technical issues
- Microsoft Visual Studio a plus
Safeguarding Senior Advisor
The Safeguarding Senior Advisor will be responsible for supporting global, regional and country level safeguarding efforts on prevention and response in line with protection programming and building on protection networks. The Safeguarding Senior Advisor will work in close collaboration with colleagues across SGU, HR, Duty of Care, GEDI and VPRU. The Safeguarding Senior Advisors’ specific responsibilities are as follows:
Risk Mitigation: Technical guidance and support for safeguarding best practice in program design/implementation across sectors
- Lead the development of best practices for mitigating safeguarding risks related to different types of programming. (In close collaboration with VPRU STAs for Child Protection and Women’s Protection and Empowerment, focal points from other sectors and SGU)
- Ensure basic understanding of general Safeguarding risk mitigation, reporting, and response principles and actions across Technical Units so that these principles can be used in program design and implementation across sectors
- Ensure basic understanding of general Safeguarding risk mitigation, reporting and response principles and actions across business process owners so that these principles can be incorporated into business processes related to programs, e.g. PCM, DDP 1:1s with TCs, or SAP design/revision
- With SGU, develop and make available audit tools to be used by CPs to assess alignment between policy/program design and practices at site level, to include both assessment of risk and risk mitigation as well as response, including service mapping and referral pathways.
Safeguarding Response: Technical guidance and support for safeguarding response to client and staff survivors
- In partnership with SGU, DOC, S&S, maintain and update on the IRC’s global minimum standards and SOPs for survivor-centered safeguarding response to clients and staff survivors.
- Provide training and coaching support for relevant stakeholders to understand and utilize the standards when leading a response to a safeguarding violation and when putting in place the SoPs.
- Support RVPs, Country Directors, and other relevant country office staff in establishing and maintaining site level response capacity
- Provide leadership in creating and supporting regional communities of practice for all locally identified staff safeguarding responders to build community and provide support. This includes supporting country programs and regions to identify country leads and support them to facilitate regional CoPs, maintaining a database of appointed site level responders and onboarding newly appointed responders.
- In collaboration with SGU and DOC, hold quarterly check in meetings for all those identified to lead a regional staff safeguarding response COP to facilitate training, coordination, discussion, support requests and data collection/analysis.
- Collaborate with SGU, ECU, and HR to define clear division of responsibility and accountability between actors and coordination
- Provide technical advisory support on client and staff safeguarding case response as terminal point of escalation for highly complex case
- Education: Master’s/post-graduate degree in public health , social work, humanities or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in safeguarding (or another relevant sector) and response services for survivors, ideally within a humanitarian or international development organization. Experience in technical tools and materials development, monitoring and evaluation is highly desired. Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Demonstrated ability to turn concepts and strategy into measurable action, and experience leading on program design, monitoring and evaluation. Must have proven experience of working directly with survivors of violence. Must have strong and effective communications skills, and the ability to present a broad array of information to inform and influence diverse audiences in multi-cultural environments. Demonstrate commitment and capacity to renew and maintain standards with best practices in the field.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English required; proficiency in another language (Spanish, French, Arabic or Swahili) is highly desired.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.