Internship Opportunities at Cytonn Investments,
Internship Opportunities at Cytonn Investments
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services, Jobs at Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an investments and real estate company, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and DC Metro area – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Business Development Interns- Pensions
Cytonn Investments Management Plc (CIMP), is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. CIMP has presence in East Africa, Finland and the US. CAML & CIM investors include global and local institutional investors, individual local investors, and diaspora investors.
The position will afford the individual a clear path to a fulfilling career in Business Development and Administration.
- Proactively developing business relationships and securing business opportunities for Pensions
- Prospecting and conducting client meetings, presentations and understand requirements of various institutions, with the aim of growing the Pensions Assets Under Management (AUM),
- Develop and recommend to the Management long and short-term plans to achieve the company objectives and goals in growing the company’s AUM in Pensions
- Carry out training for institutional investors training to promote partnerships and synergies,
- Developing sales goals for the distribution team and ensuring that they are met
- Identifying new sales leads by researching organizations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Prepare daily reports and periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives. Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Pitching products and contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their sales skills
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company
- Database management, including keeping records of queries and addition of contacts to the database
- Liaison person between internal and external stakeholders of the department by responding to queries and providing information as requested
- Following up and tracking of tasks to ensure timely closure
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to from time to time
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a demanding environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
Finance Interns – Attachment
- Preparing and posting of invoices and payments
- Keeping records and filing of transactions and relevant documentation
- Assisting in daily, weekly and monthly treasury operations and track key treasury operational benchmarks
- Assisting with documenting the accounting process to capture the SPVs business model.
- Preparing and maintaining all the books of accounts. This includes assisting with month end closing processes and general journal entries
- Ensuring compliance with taxation and any other financial statutory requirements including filing and payment of NHIF, PAYE, NSSF, HELB,VAT and WHT among others
- Assisting internal and external auditors by providing financial information as may be required
- Assisting in financial reporting and providing analysis for the management accounts.
- Reconciling the intercompany balances between the entities in the company.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or business related course with a minimum of second class honors, upper division
- A minimum of B+ in KCSE
- Professional qualification in accounting field or actively pursuing such qualifications
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office Packages
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great precision and accuracy
- Organization, attention to details and follow-through
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Covid -19 vaccination certificate
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.