Internship Opportunities Open At KEMRI.
Internship Opportunities Open At KEMRI
KENYA MEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
Opening date: May 4, 2023
Vacancy NO. CGHR/357/05/23
The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. The KEMRI Internship Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research industry. After the internship program, the candidate will have gained practical workplace experience to him/her have a competitive edge in the job market.
KEMRI/CGHR has internship opportunity in the ATSB study as stated below:
Number of position(s): 1
• Diploma in Applied Statistics/Biostatistics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• Experience in data entry is an added advantage.
In addition, the applicants must:
• Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years.
• Should have graduated and obtained the relevant final certificate.
• Appointment is for a period of one (1) year non-renewable and is subject to availability of funds.
• A stipend will be paid but successful candidates will cater for their own transport, accommodation, and upkeep during this period.
• You will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover.
• KEMRI/the project WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
Applications should include the following:
1. Letter of Application indicating the field of study
2. Current Resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
3. Copies of Certificates and transcripts.
Deputy Director, CGHR,
P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu
so as to reach him/her not later than May 25, 2023.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY