Inventory and Planning Manager at SunCulture Kenya Ltd,
Inventory and Planning Manager at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
Inventory and Planning Manager
About the role:
- We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Inventory and Planning Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory management, demand forecasting, and supply chain planning. Your strategic thinking and analytical skills will be crucial in optimizing inventory levels, minimizing costs, and ensuring efficient operations.
- Demand Forecasting-Ensure sufficient buffer stock & raise order based on quantity of goods in transit and lead time required from suppliers
- Establishing and maintaining a process oversight framework by creating forecast advance spreadsheets and facilitating transparent communication with the finance team
- Data Analysis and Reporting- Provide regular reports on inventory levels, stock accuracy for all warehouses, demand forecasting accuracy, and other relevant KPIs.
- Inventory Management-Monitoring inventory levels, analyzing demand patterns, and making data-driven recommendations for replenishment or reduction.
- Weekly payment reconciliation for all international suppliers and advice Finance accordingly
- Cross-Functional Collaboration- Working closely with various departments such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Service to align inventory strategies with business objectives and ensure necessary reconciliation are carried out.
- Generate comprehensive reports on inventory performance, discrepancies, and trends to provide insights for management decision-making
- Ensure Proper Coordination is maintained with suppliers to achieve timelines set with production
- Supports the overall workflow of supply chain inventory and distribution, by analyzing and flagging any risks within the chain
- Develop, monitor and maintain stock movement metrics within the Supply Chain. Stock movements metrics such as stock Turnover/movement and take charge of repossessed items.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the line manager
Does this sound like you?
- Are you passionate about driving efficiency, A strong analytical mindset, exceptional attention to detail, and strategic thinking? Someone who is problem-solving and has a collaborative approach to work. Effective communication and leadership skills, along with a solid understanding of inventory management principles and supply chain best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field.
- 5yrs + Proven experience in inventory management, demand planning, or supply chain management, preferably in a managerial role.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in using inventory management software and tools.
- Excellent understanding of forecasting techniques, inventory control methods, and supply chain principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or other data analysis tools.
- Ability to interpret complex data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire a team