Investment Analyst – Private Equity Funds (PE) at World Bank Group,
Investment Analyst – Private Equity Funds (PE) at World Bank Group
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a family of five international organizations that make leveraged loans to developing countries. It is the largest and most famous development bank in the world and is an observer at the United Nations Development Group.
Investment Analyst – Private Equity Funds (PE)
Duties and Accountabilities:
- This is a dynamic role that requires a high-level of interest in private equity, international business, emerging markets, and development impact. The responsibilities of an Investment Analyst are divided among new business, portfolio management and corporate strategy:
- Assist Investment Officers with the diligence, preparation of documents for IFC internal processes and structuring of Private Equity fund investment and co-investment projects in Africa.
- Coordinate with internal IFC stakeholders – including Legal; Risk; Environmental and Social; Development Impact; and Macroeconomics – to successfully process investment projects and ensure compliance with IFC standards.
- Conduct industry research, network at regional and global industry conferences, and create country-focused and regional market mappings.
- Actively monitor fund relationships across funds in Africa. This includes: (i) participate in the annual meetings; (ii) coordinate with IFC’s Legal department and Portfolio Manager to make key decisions on fund matters; and (iii) review private equity funds information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Build and maintain client relationships to ensure responsive client service and enhance new business opportunities.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes and perform portfolio analyses at the regional and global levels.
- Assist Global Managers with assignments relating to global teams and corporate strategy. This includes: (i) analyzing the development impact of IFC’s PE Funds department; (ii) performing deep dives on target regions and sectors; and (iii) ensuring data accuracy in internal systems.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent from a reputable university; preferably with major in accounting, economics or finance;
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in a reputable institution in an Analyst role for equity investment or corporate finance, or 2-3 years consulting experience with an established consulting firm;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong financial modeling and equity valuation skills
- Sound business judgment to identify issues, and present creative and practical solutions;
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French (preferably)