IT Intern at Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel,
IT Intern at Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently and safely with IT systems, assist in providing administration support, maintaining our network and computer systems among other ICT services.
What is in it for you:
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while on internship
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems;
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Integrate and configure computer networking for best performance;
- Troubleshoot and repair of hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
- Identify security gaps and provide relevant solutions in consultation with the IT manager;
- Test and evaluate all new technology including M&E systems e.g. database systems, websites etc.;
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise Operations Unit on changes or improvements required
- Help install and support of all ICT hardware and software
- Provide overall administrative support to the Opera, Materials Control, Symphony, Music styling and their interfaces
Your experience and skills include:
- Experience in hotel segment preferable
- Bachelor graduate or final year student in IT field
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible and detail oriented
- Basic understanding of Cisco CLI
- Basic understanding of network end point devices eg. Ruckus controllers, Gpon, Access points
- Basic experience with network setup and management
- Basic understanding of user support on Desktops, android, IOS, MS desktop & cloud services.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Possibility of making a study agreement of at least 6 months
Job Start Date : 16/01/2023
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya’s colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi’s finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 170 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi’s most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.