IT System Intern at Penda Health,
IT System Intern at Penda Health
Penda Health is an award-winning startup company that is transforming healthcare in East Africa by building a chain of outpatient health clinics that offer evidence-based medical care and unparalleled member experience at surprisingly affordable rates. Penda is ranked the Best Health Care Firm to work for in Kenya and the #26 Best company to work in Kenya.
IT System Intern
Scope of work
The IT Systems intern will be responsible for supporting the Penda Points Loyalty Program, ensuring a smooth working process of any activities directly or indirectly related to the program. This is besides supporting the medical centers by ensuring routine system check and timely resolution of system level issues reported by users and assigned to him/her. You get to be a part of Kenya’s leading outpatient healthcare provider leveraging technology to provide affordable and quality healthcare services digitally
- Support in managing the Penda Points program: Oversee and maintain the Penda Points program. Track participant progress, handle queries and issues related to the program, and assist with testing, and implementation of iterations on the program.
- Data Entry: Review and verify the accuracy of data entered, making corrections as necessary. Follow established data entry procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency and completeness of information. Maintaining the data integrity by ensuring data is entered in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate with other team members to resolve any issues or errors found in the data entry process. Keep track of the data entered and maintain accurate records of the data entered and the source of the data. Adhere to data security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Data analysis in excel: Analyzing and interpreting data using excel, creating charts, graphs and tables to help decision making and support business processes.
- Support Penda’s wide range of software solutions while ensuring the highest possible TAT on any support queries. (level 1 support): Provide customer support for Penda’s software products, including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Documenting processes and procedures: create and maintain documentations of various processes and procedures, usually in the form of workflows, flowcharts, and checklists. Provide clear and concise instructions for both internal and external system users.
- Training of users on new business processes: Assess the training needs of users and determine appropriate training methods, developing and delivering training materials and sessions on new business processes, such as software programs, workflows, and best practices. and working closely with IT and business teams to ensure that training aligns with overall business objectives.
- Creation of user guides/manuals: create and update user guides and manuals, on how to use a particular software, process or product, to help users easily understand and effectively use the product or service.
- Support a smooth transition of new technologies/services: assist in the planning, coordination, testing, and implementation of new technologies and services. This includes preparing users for the transition between technologies/processes, providing training and support during and after the transition, and monitoring and troubleshooting issues that may arise during the transition process.
- Degree or Diploma in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Strong problem solving, excel and analytic skills
- Experience working with PowerBI and end-users on new feature deployments, including testing and training cycles will be an added advantage.
- 6 months to a year of experience in user support and at least 4 months’ experience working with any CRM will be an added advantage.
- Troubleshooting skills on both hardware and software.
- Technical proficiency in database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation will be an added advantage.