Job Openings at Aga Khan University Hospital,
Job Openings at Aga Khan University Hospital
Jobs in Healthcare / Medical, Jobs at Aga Khan University Hospital
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa.
- Open Jobs
- How to apply
Supervisor, Medical Consulting Clinics
The Supervisor will be responsible for safe and quality care of patients, capital and operational budgets as well as ensuring efficient utilization of available resources in Medical Outpatient Clinics. The incumbent will also participate in the strategic planning process for Nursing Division and Department of Medicine program.
- Responsible for day-to-day smooth running of the unit which includes staffing, appropriate scheduling of patients and coordination of patient care
- Lead the Consulting Clinic team in formulation, implementation, and evaluation of annual goals & objectives in accordance with program and nursing division strategic objectives
- Develop collaborative ways of working that link all contributors in the multidisciplinary team in patient care issues
- Lead the Consulting Clinic team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, Clinical pathways, and care guidelines in line with identified standards
- In collaboration with the Nursing Manager and Program Director participate in the recruitment, selection, and training of the Nursing team
- Put in place measures to control unit costs, stocks, and bad debts
- Participate in the Budget process and ensures efficient utilization of resources
- Provide effective supervision of the nursing staff, and utilizes learning opportunities for their development
- Participate in establishment of standards of care with unit staff, and monitors delivery of care according to established standards
- Develop and maintains effective networks both Internal and external to improve nursing practice
- Respond to client complaints in a timely manner by solving problems or informing the relevant persons
- Ensure program-based client satisfaction surveys are carried out, monitor trends of incidences/complaints, and take appropriate action
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN) from a recognized institution
- Valid practice license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience in Medical-Surgical unit in an acute care hospital
- Demonstrate current knowledge in general nursing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and to work with minimum supervision.
Closing Date: 30/09/2022
Dental Laboratory Technologist, Park Place Dental Clinic
Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi is setting up a new Full Service Dental Laboratory which will be an integral part of the AKUH Dental clinic and will service all the clinics by providing high quality Dental Prosthetics. Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will be responsible for fabricating all full range of dental prostheses i.e., Porcelain crown and bridge work and prosthetic component of implant restorations, dentures and partials as prescribed by the dentists
- Fabricate high quality crowns and bridges, inlays, onlays and other fixed appliances from start to finish as prescribed by the Dentist, including wax, cast, trim and polish metal work, and porcelain work
- Fabricate high quality aesthetics oriented complete upper and lower dentures and Acrylic/Cast partial dentures from start to finish as prescribed by the Dentist
- Fabricate high quality simple removable Ortho appliances from start to finish as prescribed by the Dentist
- Ensure disinfection & sterilization of all laboratory equipment
- Read prescriptions or specifications and examine models and impressions in order to determine the design of dental products to be constructed
- Coordinate and ensure that adequate supply of Dental materials are in inventory
- Report to Head of section
- Schedule and coordinate workflow with the resident dentists in a timely manner
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- At least 5 years’ experience in all aspects of dental technology
- Must be proficient in:
- Porcelain crown and bridge work
- complete dentures
- Partial acrylic and cast partials
- Fixed and removable Implants
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple functions effectively under work pressure
- Must be able to fabricate high quality appliances with timely delivery
- Ability to work independently in servicing the Dentists
- Ability to ensure infection control protocol in dental laboratories.
Closing Date: 30/09/2022
Clinical Nurse, Neonatal High Dependancy Unit( NHDU)
- Complete assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Develop written care plans based on patients changing needs, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of interventions
- Initiate cardiac monitoring both room and central, be able to interpret monitor trends and communicate critical changes to the physician and Nurse manager
- Carry out other hemodynamic monitoring to include CVP, UVCs, lab, radiological and ABG evaluations
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Prepare for and assist the physician in emergency procedures necessary for prompt control of patient’s condition e.g. intubation, insertion of invasive lines, drains and administration of surfactant.
- Initiate mechanical ventilation (invasive and non-invasive) based on physician orders,
- Assess patient’s readiness for weaning and implement the weaning and extubation protocols
- Maintain adequate airway management to include oxygen therapy, nebulization and suctioning
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Be able to perform peritoneal dialysis and care for a patient on the same as instructed.
- Accurately administer all medication as per the treatment order sheet and in line with MMU guidelines
- Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Be able to commence enteral, oral and gastric feeds as prescribed, assess absorption and elimination and give feedback as appropriate
- Be able to recognize a patient in a pre- arrest or arrest states, and to activate Emergency Response
- Team and actively participate in the resuscitation of the patient
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other
- safety policies, and perform timely safety checks on incubators, IV pumps, oxygen source, ventilators and cardiac monitors
- Be able to care for children undergoing exchange transfusion
- Be accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources i.e. accurate and timely billing of ward stock drugs and consumables
- Care for equipment through proper cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely
- reporting and follow up of non-functional equipment to the nurse manager
- Participate in unit based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- Assist in other related Paediatrics Units in time of low census
- Any other assignment that is deemed appropriate for this level.
- RN from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- European Paediatrics Life Support (EPLS)
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in Medical-Surgical nursing
Closing Date: 29/09/2022
Ultra- Sonographer, Outreach Clinic Meru
- Conduct effective ultrasound procedures within the approved policies and procedures
- Ensure adequate and correct information is given to patients regarding procedures
- Provide hands on training and safe keeping of training records for the trainees assigned;
- Ensure adequate and correct information is given to patients regarding procedures;
- Ensure safety of patients and machines through adequate preparation of patients;
- Monitor the patients’ condition all through the procedure;
- Ensure proper and accurate records of procedures volumes, environment and downtime.
- Ensure timely availability of images to facilitate timely reporting and dispatch of reports.
- Document and report all the faults on the machines to recommended authorities;
- Oversee maintenance services and ensure that machines are handed over in a good working condition after the service;
- Participate in preparation and implementation of quality initiatives aimed at improving overall of departmental services;
- Provide period reports as and when required;
- Report images promptly
- Ensure that all images are available in PACS
- Higher Diploma in medical imaging sciences
- Diploma in medical imaging sciences.
- Be registered with the Society of Radiography in Kenta and possess Licensure from the Radiation Protection Board of Kenya.
- S/He should have a minimum of two (2) years’ working experience in a busy established Radiology Department.
- S/He should have at least One (1) years’ working experience of Ultrasound Imaging
- The ideal candidate should be computer literate with excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
Closing Date: 30/09/2022
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.