Job Openings at Boma Project,
Job Openings at Boma Project
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at Boma Projects
Helping Women Graduate from Extreme Poverty The BOMA Project is a U.S. nonprofit and Kenyan NGO with a proven track record, measurable results and a transformative approach to alleviating poverty and building resiliency in the drylands of Africa. Our Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP) replaces aid with sustainable income and helps women to gradua…
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Training and Capacity Development Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Capacity Development
- Designing training interventions with relevant modules on business skills, Natural Resources Management and organizational capacity development including design and customization to suite the target audience, including Coordination and implementation of Boma’s organizational graduation approach training activities.
- Develop systematic Training of Trainers (TOT) and facilitate training, coaching, and mentoring, of Boma field teams and partners for effective training offering to program participants
- Undertake training reviews, impact assessment, retention rate etc. using internal resources and expertise for providing high quality advice to the project management in case of any changes required in capacity building interventions
- Plan, measure, and monitor project’s and organizational capacity building objectives/needs and implement innovative training methodologies
- Ensure effective implementation of cost-effective capacity development interventions with the best use of resources.
- Identify opportunities to engage or partner with relevant industry organizations on the use/adaptation of existing training resources, innovative training documents, best practice techniques and systems Development of Training Materials
- Design, development, review and adaption of capacity development materials, training manuals, handbooks, assessment tools and methodologies/strategies, to keep in step with changes and developments both within the organization and the operating environment.
- Develop and design appropriate adult learning materials for illiterate and semi-illiterate participants.
- Maintain an electronic resource inventory base of training materials, manuals and ensure adequate updating of documentation and records.
- Maintain an inventory of updated versions of training materials. Mentor manuals and record books at the field level through the Field officer/Graduation advisor Knowledge Management Role
- Implementation, maintenance and management of the knowledge and information sharing systems within and outside the project, maintaining and enhancing the sources and methods for capturing knowledge
- Guide the program staff on how to capture and document success stories and unintended outcomes of the project.
- Ensure timely reporting on training activities and incorporation of experiences and lessons learnt to improve and enhance training delivery. Leadership Role
- Effectively manage talent, mentor, capacity build and supervise the Curriculum Development & Training Officer and Program Training Officer.
- Participate in leadership workshops for sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations. Key Performance Metrics include:
- Appropriate training adaptations are adopted and properly documented, along with learnings
- Training plans/schedules are executed on time, on scope, and within budget. External Relationships Training & Capacity Development Manager will collaborate with other organizations and government partners in the region whenever called upon.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Social Sciences, International Development, Natural Resource Management, or relevant field.
- Master’s degree in same fields will be an added advantage. Professional qualification in TOT and/or experience in capacity building, curricula development, training, and facilitation desired.
- At least five (5) years of training experience, with preference for adult education, social and behavior change, and/or human/community development work.
- Experience delivering field-based projects in an international or national organization – INGO. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and design and publishing software and or Learning Management Systems.
Salesforce Systems Administrator
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and Manage Changes to the System
- Provide Salesforce administration support of our internal and partner-facing Salesforce environment.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet program objectives, donor requirements and organization goals.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal and external needs relating to functionality and performance
- Manage system changes without interruption to the users.
- Maintain Salesforce test environment and ensure stability of new features or upgrades before installing in productio
- Support the selection of third-party programs and their integration into the overall environment through recommended best practices.
- Seek out and gather the evolving needs of the organization concerning Salesforce and play a central role in helping synthesize these needs into a product roadmap.
- Manage new Salesforce releases analyzing impact to our database and efficiently roll out new features.
- Maintain System, Security, and Integrity
- Grant/remove and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including sharing rules and security levels.
- Maintenance and customization Salesforce.com scopes such as users, roles, profiles, sharing rules, accounts and contacts to support vital organization’s functions.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
- Carry out quality assurance testing. User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction
- Expand use of our Salesforce platform through leveraging existing system capabilities – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how our Salesforce system can be used in new ways to improve the end user experience, or solve for new requirements by different teams.
- Help to create staff training materials and develop internal Salesforce expertise to support a decentralization of salesforce capabilities across departments in line with their functions.
- Communicate regularly with the user base regarding new features, enhancements, and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Degree in Computer Science, BBIT or any IT related field
- Experience as a Salesforce super-user or system administrator (2 years and above preferred).
- Experience with Non-profit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Strong understanding of permissions in Salesforce – Public Groups, Profiles, Roles, Sharing Settings, Permission Sets, Org-wide defaults.
- In-depth knowledge of custom objects, formula fields, validation rules, workflows, flows and process builders.
- Able to identify & successfully resolve issues & bugs.
- Able to communicate effectively with users & business leaders.
Desired (but not required) Qualifications:
- Salesforce Administrator Certification and Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud Consultant Certification
- Able to build & maintain 3rd party integrations and knowledge of Taroworks
People and Culture Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HR Policies – Support in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, periodic review of policies and recommend new policies, approaches, and procedures. Provide guidance on organization policies to line management and other employees, so as to ensure that employment conflict is effectively managed.
- Recruitment – Responsible for recruitment, Job description creation, workforce planning and maintain adequate staffing in accordance with approved establishment under LIFT Project.
- Onboarding -Responsible for onboarding process and provide recommendations on improving new joiners experience working closely with the People & Culture Director. HR Administration -Oversee staff records management, ensure annual leave planners are adhered, conduct off-boarding process for staff and ensure exit interview responses are analyzed and recommendations provided on how to improve retention of staff.
- Compensation And Benefits – Preparation and timely submission of monthly payroll schedules, employee benefits programs, including medical insurance & other staff perks
- Performance Management – implement the performance management process and provide recommendations on how to continuously improve the process.
- Learning And Development – Support in identifying training needs of staff in LIFT Project and provide recommendations while ensuring accurate records are maintained. Employee Relations & Welfare Issues – Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes, handling grievances and directing disciplinary procedures as guided for certain cadre of staff. Staff welfare – Coordination of Staff Welfare issues across LIFT Project staff.
- Employee Engagement/Culture – Support the People & Culture Director in conducting annual staff engagement surveys, follow up on actions on issues raised and partner with relevant stakeholders to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention.
- HR Planning, Technical Support & Compliance – Development of People Department goals, objectives, and operational plans while ensuring legal compliance Support in HR audit and ensure recommendations raised are addressed.
- Financial Management -Support to prepare, monitor, control and manage Human Resource annual budget working closely with the People & Culture Director
- HRIS/Technology – Support implementation of HRMIS and ensure continuous audit is done and advance use of technology in HR functions to support programmatic and fiscal needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a focus on Human Resources, Business Management or Business-Related Course
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources or CHRP will be an added advantage
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- At least Six (6) Years progressive HR Generalist Experienc
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager – Lift
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting framework design and Execution
- Design and manage the implementation of the project M&E system in line with program requirements
- Coordinate and supervise MEL activities and ensure MEL framework (indicators, tools, and methodologies) and practices are aligned to industry standards and/or compliant to donor requirements
- Facilitate capacity development of project staff in M&E.
- Design, coordinate and implement quantitative and qualitative surveys, other assessments, and longevity surveys/studies to build evidence of the impact of BOMA’s graduation model.
- Manage continuous monitoring and periodic evaluations of BOMA’s programs/projects as designed in work-plans and provide consolidated reports to Program Managers and leadership team that summarize implementation progress, trends, variances, and learning
- Facilitate periodic review of performance metrics with program teams to ensure programs/projects are within design and implementation principles of M&E.
- Provide M&E technical support to BOMA’s partners as they adapt, design, and implement M&E processes for the project.
- Development, training and maintenance of project’s M&E reporting templates, training manuals and standardized tools to enhance monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute directly to achieving the project’s strategic objectives and components through the implementation of a single integrated/harmonized monitoring system.
Data Quality Assurance
- Ensure data quality standards are and maintained for the project.
- Review and analyze monthly monitoring data and work with project teams to identify and resolve variances.
- Support the Data Analysis manager in strengthening quality control of all LIFT NK project M&E data to assure the integrity of data for analysis, tracking, and validation.
Documentation and Reporting
- Lead in writing of M&E reports and coordinate documentation and dissemination of findings.
- Maintain adequate documentation and records for the project’s initiatives that ensure processes, activities and statistics are well captured and records kept in line with established BOMA policy and protocols.
- Facilitate training of staff on documentation and record keeping; and enforce adherence to standards and protocols. Networking and representation Develop and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with colleagues, partners, and relevant stakeholders
- Represent and participate in relevant forums whenever nominated
- Maintain a network of peers and professional contacts for exchange of ideas and information
- Maintain good public relations and promote visibility of the work of BOMA. Management of Staff
- Provide direct supervision to M&E officers, including participating in their performance management reviews and professional development
- Support in the recruitment and selection, and provide effective coaching of staff, while inculcating culture and values of the organization for the unit.
- Proactively employ practices that lead to staff motivation and retention; and provide for succession
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation preferred. Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management/Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- Formal M&E training and/or specialized skills in statistics are an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management and leadership of complex M&E frameworks and systems.
- Practical experience in use of data analysis and Visualization tools like STATA, SPSS, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Experience in research and surveys – design of tools, data collection, data processing and analysis.
- Experience using Collaborating, Adapting and Learning practices preferred.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Taroworks would be an advantage. Also demonstrated ability to leverage technology in social entrepreneurship.
- Previous experience working with livelihood, community development, and climate-oriented/NRM projects especially will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates to apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject:
- Training and Capacity Development Manager to be based in Turkana,
- Salesforce Systems Administrator to be based in Turkana,
- People and Culture Manager to be based in Turkana,
- Monitoring and Evaluation to be based in Turkana by COB 20th October, 2022.