Job Openings at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya,
Job Openings at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees—including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities—whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
The accounting officer will provide accounting and financial services necessary for the continued operations of the organization and will take care of all the important accounting functions of the organization ensuring that transactions are correctly captured in the most efficient manner and that day-to-day accounting is effectively and efficiently carried out to support the various programs.
- Accounting review of procurement documentation before payment is initiated.
- Initiation of payment(s) onto the online banking platforms.
- Making entries of cash/cheque/bank transfer payments into the NetSuite Accounting System
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and mid- year donor financial reports for submission to the Country Director and HIAS Headquarters ensuring that back up of supporting documents are in accordance with HRTK and donor accounting procedures;
- Prepare and facilitate donor verification/desk review exercises assisting in review of financial reports backups and vouching of supporting documents;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for audit of books of accounts by internal and external auditors;
- Participate in budget preparation exercises.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring donor monthly burn rates reports for various programs to ensure that the budget lines are not exceeded or under spent.
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare other balance sheet item reconciliations on monthly basis, such as accrued expenses, advance accounting, etc
- Maintain account payable and receivable account on monthly basis
- Carry out training staff on expected accounting documents
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control reports for donors.
- Assist in development of various accountability vouchers for use in the finance office
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be a CPA(K) Finalist
- Minimum of 3 years’ of working experience
- Working knowledge of and experience in the NetSuite Accounting System.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Solid organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge in Accountability to Affected Populations
- Knowledge in Prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
GGBV Officer-LGBTQI+ Focal
HIAS Kenya seeks to recruit a Gender and GBV Officer who will enhance protection of refugees by promoting and protecting their rights. The Officer will specialize in the protection of the LGBTQI+ population by providing insight in protection interventions for the LGBTQI+ and provide direct GBV case management services to LGBTQI+ refugee community. The officer will also participate in the designing, implementation and evaluation of programs focusing on the needs of the LGBTIQ refugees.
- Promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable refugees, especially the LGBTQI+.
- Assist in protection mainstreaming by providing insight in protection interventions for the LGBTQI+ population.
- Facilitate access to local support networks within the Kenyan LGBTQI+;’ community.
- Maintain and develop relationships with Key stake holders and partners to advocate for rights of LGBTQI+ refugees.
- Develop strategic partnerships through participation in co-ordination meetings.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation program with partners for protection, medical and psychosocial needs of the LGBTQI+ refugees.
- Facilitate establishment of community-based protection mechanism and support for the vulnerable persons of concern including survivors of Sexual Gender Based Violence.
- Ensure ongoing case management and documentation of protection violations.
- Increase knowledge and exposure of the Kenyan LGBTQI+ movement to the LGBTIQ refugee problem thus awakening their concern for a broader approach in their advocacy and future programming.
- Follow up on cases and provide partners and refugees counseling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases.
- Build Capacity for HIAS staff, partner staff and other stakeholders on diversity and Inclusion, SGBV and protection of persons of concern
- Produce accurate, detailed and timely reports highlighting objectives, achievements and impact on project activities.
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities and participate in fundraising in the organization.
- Performing other duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in either; Law, International Relations, Gender Development Studies or other relevant social sciences degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and knowledge in Human Rights as well as international refugee laws.
- Experience working and programming for LGBTQI+ refugees.
- Knowledge of Computer Applications such as Ms-ACCESS, Ms-EXCEL, and Ms-WORD
- Ability to work in a Team.
- Good knowledge of prevention and response to Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV), Diversity and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Ability to take up multiple roles with minimum supervision and short deadlines
- Knowledge in Accountability to Affected Populations
- Knowledge in Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Those with lived experiences are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.