Job Openings at Kenya Red Cross Society; Application Form Portal and Requirements.
Job Openings at Kenya Red Cross Society; Application Form Portal and Requirements
Are you interested in exploring job opportunities in the healthcare/medical field? If yes, you may want to check out the current job openings at Kenya Red Cross Society.
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Internal Audit Assistants -2 Positions
To ensure adequate and effective governance, internal control and risk management processes and systems and provide an assurance of the same.
Reporting to: Internal Audit Manager
- Assist in performing assigned tasks as per the annual internal audit plan
- Examine internal controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk, and recommend changes to the internal control systems.
- Participate in the change management processes while interacting with staff at various levels.
- Assist in review compliance to policies, procedure and regulations
- Provide inputs and support implementation of the risk-based audit workplan
- Analyse deficiencies in management controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or irregularities to improve the control environment
- Assist to Coordinate external audit and other assurance providers
- Assist in follow up recommendations made in both internal and external audit reports
- Reviews transactions that have financial implications to ensure regularity of receipt, custody and disposal of funds and other financial resources of the KRCS
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Prepare periodic audit reports on fraud, errors or other findings, showing sufficient evidence, documenting working papers and making appropriate recommendations
- Research on engagement planning risk assessment information and obtain sufficient background information related to the subject to be audited.
- Travels as part of an audit team to carry out field audit assignments at KRCS regions, branches, project sites and implementing partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or related fields.
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- CPA (K) or ACCA (UK) qualification
- Member a relevant professional body
- Certified Internal Auditor qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience in the areas of audit, risk management, compliance.
- Advanced data analytics, automated controls testing, monitoring and Robotics.
- Demonstrated understanding of internal auditing standards in respect of audit, internal control, risk and governance principles.
- Creative problem solving and Innovative mindset.
- Good Communication skills and ability to engage with various stakeholders and can facilitate workshops e.g fraud prevention, effective internal controls, etc.
- Experience in general auditing of small organizations (CBO’s or CSO’s)
- Effective root cause analysis
- Knowledge in HIV programs/ general donor funded programs is an added advantage
Closing Date 25th September 2023
Graphic Design Intern
The graphic design intern will support the training institute and ICHA in their visual outlook on online and offline platforms.
- Design Projects: Assist in the creation of various design materials, including but not limited to social media graphics, marketing collateral, presentations, and web graphics.
- Conceptualization: Collaborate with the creative team to develop design concepts, layouts, and visual ideas that effectively communicate our brand message.
- Software Proficiency: Utilize graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) to create and edit visual content.
- Typography and Layout: Ensure that typography, layout, and design elements are consistent with the brand guidelines and project requirements.
- Image Selection and Editing: Source and edit images to enhance the visual appeal of content, maintaining high-quality standards.
- Creative Input: Provide input and ideas during brainstorming sessions to help generate innovative design concepts.
- Feedback and Revisions: Be open to feedback and willing to make revisions based on feedback from team members or clients.
- Project Management: Assist in managing and organizing design assets, files, and project timelines.
- Stay Updated: Stay up-to-date with design trends, tools, and best practices in the industry.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
A degree in communication, marketing, public relations, media or information technologies or related field is required.
Skills and experience
- Pursuing or recently completed a degree in graphic design, visual communication, or a related field.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Creative thinking and an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Portfolio showcasing your design skills and projects (if available).
- Basic understanding of branding and design principles.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new design trends and technologies.
Closing Date 23rd September 2023
Communication and Media Engagement Intern
Reporting to: Policy and Advocacy Manager
The Communications intern will support the training Institute and ICHA in their external communication, media engagement and advocacy campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage content on the ICHA and Training Institute Websites
- Manage the social media handles for ICHA and the training institute
- Support the team to track, research and analyze information to develop campaigns and engagement concepts;
- Gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of information
- Support effective coordination and implementation of campaigns and engagement opportunities.
- Draft/compiles a range of information and communications products for target audiences, to include press releases, media packets and reports, brochures, briefings, video clips, newsletters, websites, etc.
- Prepare initials drafts of stories and media inputs (key
messages, press releases, news stories) for campaigns.
- Organize or participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, press briefings, interviews, etc.
- Prepare briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events.
- Respond to a variety of inquiries and information requests internally and
externally; prepares related correspondence.
- Develop dissemination plans for campaign materials using a range of owned and nonowned channels.
- Disseminate campaign materials, messages, events through TV, Radio, web portals, printed media, etc.
- Develop and manage existing and new social media tools
to disseminate content.
- Identify key contacts/constituencies and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate communication efforts and maintains working relationships with the same. In particular, establishes working level contacts with external partners, media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A degree in communication, marketing, public relations, media or information technologies or related field is required.
Skills and experience:
- Experience in drafting communication strategies and in planning and implementing large scale communication projects or campaigns is required.
- Experience in internet and social media systems, applications and interactive tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo and YouTube) and with standard computer applications is required.
- Experience in community development and/or community outreach is desirable.
- Experience in video and photography computer-based programmes is desirable.
- Experience in writing and producing communications in English such as news stories, press releases, newsletters and leaflets is desirable.
Closing Date 23rd September 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.