Job Openings at Koko Networks,
Job Openings at Koko Networks
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa’s cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
Associate, Accounts Payable
As Account payable manager, you will provide support to the finance and procurement departments as well as the organization at large by managing daily payables and reimbursements activities. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers, high level of confidentiality and attention to details.
What You Will Do
- Management of the vendors data base.
- Ensure matching of open purchase orders and goods received vouchers periodically in liaison with business.
- Reconcile payments to creditors statements and detailed vendor account.
- Prepare periodic reports to aid in cash flow planning.
- Review employees’ expense reports, verify accuracy and submit for payment/recovery.
- Conduct trainings on finance procurement and accounts payable processes to business.
- Update the Procurement Manager on country/ regional procurement and payment movements and investigate and communicate any disputed amounts and ensure resolution of queries that arise.
- Verifying prices and amounts received with invoices to ensure proper payments to vendors.
- Follow up and resolve any outstanding invoices disputed in the statements.
- Working with procurement and other departments to obtain proper documentation for invoices.
- Ensure real time supplier reconciliation against statements.
- Preparing payment voucher after ensuring proper documentation and approval on timely basis.
- Ensure posting of payments on real time basis in the system.
- Maintain proper filling of documents and maintain proper records.
- Regularly review and reconcile vendor accounts.
- Ensure Petty cash posting and reconciliation.
- Provide accurate and timely reports as required by management for monitoring payables key performance indicators.
- Ensure timely preparation of daily payments reports.
- Create and promote a positive work environment within accounts team.
- Ensure proper identification and documentation of fixed assets invoices for capitalization.
What You Will Bring
- Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- University Degree in Business preferably Bachelor of Commerce Accounting/Finance
- Possess professional qualification (CPAK/ACCA) is an added advantage
- MUST have minimum five (5) years working experience in the supervisory role in Finance department.
Software Engineering Manager
What you will do
KOKO’s current technology stack includes (but is not limited to): AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
- You will have responsibility for the activities and output of one or more engineering teams across multiple products, with team leads and other individual contributors reporting to you.
- You will ensure the smooth and predictable execution of complex deliverables in accordance with KOKO’s quality standards across all relevant areas.
- You will define and improve on Engineering KPIs on a periodic basis based on feedback from other stakeholders in the Company
- You will be responsible for continually raising and maintaining engineering standards at their highest levels to enable technology innovation and software delivery.
- You will review technical designs, and ensure they will be scalable and robust.
- You will be responsible for the technical competence of your teams, guiding and growing that competence as necessary via training and hiring.
- You will ensure the use of best practices including code reviews, automated testing, CI/CD across teams and projects, and help others to improve the quality of their work.
- You will define organisational and development roadmaps to align with delivery strategies, to ensure product and business objectives are met, balancing immediate and long-term deliverables with technical debt and strategic technical development.
- You will guide the goal-setting process for their teams, helping them articulate goals that support both business initiatives and technology and organisational quality
- You will contribute to architecture and design efforts and ensure they are well aligned with product and business needs and objectives.
- You will build the engineering culture at KOKO, ensuring it is positioned to attract similar minded people with a passion for using technology to tackle some of the hardest challenges.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Three or more years of experience directly managing software engineers and 8+ years of experience in software engineering overall.
- Strong track record leading, developing, and delivering significant software projects
- Significant experience in the following areas: enterprise application and service based architectures, software design patterns, messaging protocols, cyber security, distributed application development, modern front-end design, highly scalable data architectures.
- Well developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Evangelist for Agile practices, able to work closely with product leaders to support engineering team members in delivering in an agile manner to achieve key goals.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is calm and decisive under pressure.
- Empathy for your colleagues, encouraging team members to think creatively while knowing where to intervene to tackle tough problems and navigate conflicts.
- You are strongly motivated by seeing high quality outcomes delivered, and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems as needed to ensure the desired outcomes.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.