Librarian Jobs, Teaching Jobs, Latest Openings,
2023 School Librarian (Eldoret High Schools)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Help and train our young patrons to locate and effectively use books within the library.
- Create and constantly keep an up to date library policy.
- Curating and maintaining the library’s on-line content.
- Classifying and shelving of books in the library.
- Registering and keeping an up to date record of library patrons.
- Maintain the school’s Integrated Library System.
- Responsible for daily circulation of library items,
- Working with the school’s community to acquire selected and relevant materials for the library
- Cataloging new materials.
- Assisting library patrons in utilizing the library’s E-books, Audio books and Audio-Visuals.
- Ensuring that library books are in proper condition and are replaced in case of loss or damage.
- Managing enquires over the counter, via emails or telephone.
- Working with publishers and vendors to ensure the library has an up to date catalog of books.
- Help prepare the library’s budget and manage payments of fines for damages or loss.
- Ensure smooth running of the library’s other day-to-day activities in the library.
- Work with the PTA, school teams and the students in organizing engaging library events.
- Prepare and submit library reports and inventory when requested.
- Any other duties as requested.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in (Library and Information Science/Library Science/Records Management).
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a busy library.
- Experience in developing and managing a school library from scratch is highly desirable.
- Must be computer savvy and familiar with Google-suite platforms.
- Must have the knowledge to work with databases and Integrated Library Systems.
- Must be aware of current trends in library services for children and young adults.
- Must be approachable and have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You should be able to lead and manage library projects.
- Knowledge of developmental, recreational and educational needs of young adults and children would be an added advantage.
- You see yourself as a culture champion with a great joy of learning that will inspire a strong reading culture among our learners.
2023 Kiswahili Resident Teacher (Athi River Day School)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are hiring Kiswahili Specialist Teachers to oversee the daily learning for our primary school students within a teaching team. You will be required to participate in, and lead where appropriate, extra-curricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organizing of school events and functions (e.g. inter-house competitions, concerts, school plays, culture days, Kiswahili competitions, and award evenings.)
You will also:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children.
- Developing, reviewing and updating schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum in partnership with the Learning Design team.
- Setting assessments for subject areas/topics when requested or called upon
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development ranging from records of work covered, progress records, students’ rubrics, and portfolios
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Create opportunities for students to learn and appreciate the language through projects and interactions – virtual or physical
- Assist in bus loading and unloading
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and Degree in Education/ P1 Diploma
- You have 3+ years of distinctive experience in teaching Kiswahili
- You have a strong, demonstrated passion for education and young children
- You have strong classroom management skills
- You have an understanding of and passion for inquiry-based, student-centered learning.
- You have a team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem-solving.
- You care deeply about personal growth and also about developing others
- You have experience teaching early learners and exposure to Montessori learning
- You have good working skills with technology such as Zoom, Google Suites (Gmail, Google Slides), Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth