Job Openings at PATH; Application Form Portal and Requirements.
Job Openings at PATH; Application Form Portal and Requirements
You can check out job opportunities in the Healthcare/Medical field or view available jobs at PATH by visiting our website.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- Organizing and managing the daily administrative operations of the organization
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, and events, both internal and external
- Managing correspondence, emails, and phone calls, responding to inquiries, forwarding messages and following up on requests
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date files and records, both electronically and in hard copy
- Creating and editing documents, presentations, and reports using Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs
- Data entry and maintaining databases, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Assisting with budget tracking, invoice processing, and other financial tasks as required
- Coordinating and facilitating travel arrangements for staff members
- Maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity when handling sensitive or confidential information
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (general)
- The Administrative Assistant II will need to have strong problem-solving skills and be able to identify and resolve issues independently. They should be proactive and able to anticipate potential issues before they arise, and they should have excellent judgment to determine when to escalate issues to their supervisor or other team members.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION
- You will need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision, taking initiative to prioritize and manage their workload effectively. They should be able to handle confidential information and sensitive situations with discretion and good judgment.
KNOWLEDGE & APPLICATION
- You will have a solid understanding of administrative and clerical procedures, including office management, record-keeping, and data entry. You should be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs, including spreadsheets and databases. You should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to interact professionally with a wide range of individuals, including staff members, donors, and external stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a healthcare or public health setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs, including spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion and good judgment
Operations and Procurement Manager
PROCUREMENT / TRAVEL:
- Oversee cost effective acquisition of a wide range of goods and services; responsible for country program compliance with PATH and donor policies and specifically procurement, travel, conflict of interest and ethics.
- Develop and maintain a procurement planning and analysis processes for the timely acquisition of goods, coordinate with global procurement as required and provide proactive, rigorous and logical methods to solve procurement related challenges within Country.
- Lead procurement activities including competitive bidding, supplier selection and justification, issuing purchase orders.
- Provide guidance to project teams on annual procurement planning.
- Manage vendor relationships (including travel agents and hotels); vet and screen new vendors; review annual supplier contracts.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day purchasing processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed;
- Lead the prequalification of suppliers and service providers
- Coordinate the update and sharing of procurement tracker for the country program
- Oversee travel management for Kenya office. Coordinate domestic travel and hotel arrangements related to program activities. Ensure all travel requests are responded timely, efficiently and arrangements are in compliance with PATH procedures
- Actively review and update procurement and travel policies/procedures, no less than once annually.
SECURITY / FACILITIES / VEHICLES:
- Serve as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Nairobi Office in coordination with the Global Security Officer.
- Oversee security systems and emergency response equipment/supplies for the workplace, ensure staff stay informed of safety policies and procedures.
- Manage Nairobi office facilities including utilities, internet, new hire set up, office supplies and equipment, housekeeping/pest control, improvements, repairs and renovations.
- Oversee the leases for Nairobi and sub-offices.
- Manage PATH Kenya’s fleet of vehicles including new purchases, maintenance, fuel cards, licenses/permits, insurance/claims, usage, and reporting.
- Update the asset/inventory register regularly
- Oversee duties and activities of Administrative Assistants and Procurement Officer
- Facilitate individual team member success through communication, coaching, mentoring and performance assessment.
- Participate in preparation of annual Facilities budget.
- Review monthly expenditure reports and recurrent administrative expenses.
- Oversee offsite records archiving and retrieval processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 7 years’ experience in Business Administration/Management, Procurement or Finance.
- Strong problem solving and excellent decision making.
- Experience with ERP systems. Experience with Business World ERP will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an international NGO is desirable.
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Experience managing and supervising a team.
- Work well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy, and productivity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is required.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure all Accounts Payables are treated in line with PATH policy and project guidelines.
- Liaise with project teams to ensure timely and accurate closure of project payment requests.
- Check and validate payment requests and invoices ensuring appropriate supporting documentation for audit trail.
- Perform accurate data entry in the ERP in accordance with GAAP and PATH policy.
- Prepare payments and ensure accurate banking entries.
- Perform assigned bank roles in alignment with PATH policy.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded in line with PATH policy.
- Reconcile all suppliers’ statements with ERP ledger balance records and close any discrepancies.
- Review and approve staff travel expenditure reports and reconciliation.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the Accounts Payable ledger.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations including Mobile money (Mpesa).
- Perform month end tasks as per schedule of responsibilities provided by the Finance Manager.
- Prepare accurate DA1 forms and ensure delivery to US Embassy. Provide support for any follow up actions.
- Maintain a clear physical and online storage system for DA1 forms prepared and submitted.
- Support in audit including preparing audit schedules and retrieval of documents.
- Support staff training on accounting and finance manuals/policy.
- Provide ad hoc training to project teams on financial requirements.
- Liaise closely with the Nairobi office Finance officer.
- Professional accountancy qualification (Certified Public Accountants – CPA, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – ACCA, or equivalent membership of a recognized professional accountancy organization in good standing).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a busy NGO finance department. Experience with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software. Hands on experience in Business World software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively with the project teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.