Job Openings at SMEP Microfinance Bank,
Job Openings at SMEP Microfinance Bank
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a public limited company incorporate under the companies Act (Cap 486) and licensed under the microfinance Act (Cap 493D) to offer banking, focusing on Group banking, Retail banking, Church banking, Asset financing, microfinance and related services. Our vision is to be a dynamic christian provider of financial solutions
The role holder will be part of the Team in Finance Department that is responsible for doing Bank reconciliations, Treasury Management and payables management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of Creditors & partner payments within the required timelines in adherence to the set guidelines, Policies and controls.
- Documentation & maintenance of proper and updated records of all Fixed Assets in the Bank.
- Management of alternative channels reversals, entries on the Banks’ systems and reconciliations.
- Posting and reconciliation of all alternative channels transactions of the Core Banking system.
- Management and timely replenishment of the alternative banking channels accounts
- Preparation of monthly alternative banking channels reports.
- Preparation of tax reconciliations and schedules.
- Management of the optimal levels of provisioning for loan impairment as per IFRS9.
- A minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE
- Bachelors Degree in Business related courses from a reputable university
- Must be at least a CPA II holder
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory
- Between 24 to 30 years of age
Key Qualities & Competencies
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Detail oriented with good prioritization skills and ability to deliver within the set timelines.
- A great Team player with ability to get on with others
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve
Relationship Officer Jobs
Reporting to the Relationship Manager – Business Development, the position holder will be responsible for providing supervision and direction to the Direct Sales Representatives (DSRs) and support them in achieving their goals in line with their business deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and Manage the DSRs to improve productivity and achieve set targets in the assigned area.
- Develop prospective customer relations through appropriate sales methods to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Participate in the recruitment process of DSRs and Independent Sales Agents within the region assigned
- Acquire new business through the DSR channel in order to grow the loan book.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling interactions.
- Increase customer retention by engaging customers through the loan process and maintaining records of the same.
- Support Relationship Managers & Branch Managers with customer research for business growth and customer value chain analysis for problem resolution.
- Assess training needs on an ongoing basis and conduct team meetings and training, as necessary.
- Ensure that the company has 100% in charge of the logbook loans in the TIMS portal.
Qualifications & Key Competencies
- A minimum grade of C+ (plus) in KCSE
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business related courses from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit lending, as well as relevant experience in the Banking sector will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years in a Sales position in a financial Institution. Previous experience as Sales Team Leader will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Persuasive with strong recognition skills.
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the population.
- Aged between 32 and 40 years
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 3rd February, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.