Job Opportunities at Britam; Check Qualifications and Application Form Links,
Job Opportunities at Britam; Check Qualifications and Application Form Links
Explore job opportunities in the Banking and Financial Services sector or browse available job openings at Britam.
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi.
Cloud & Mobile Software Developer
Work with other departments within the Group to identify requirements and develop Mobile solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces, integrations) and design, development and 3 rd line support of business Applications, ranging from user analysis, design and development to implementation and maintenance.
- Build mobile Application wireframes and UX designs.
- Configure and/or customize business applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools.
- Assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments. Drives systems adoption by business users.
- Enhance and create user and system documentation as needed.
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business
application systems can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications.
- Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components.
- Perform data modelling to analyse and specify data structures within an application system.
- Developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to specifications.
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality and tuning for performance.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Degree in Computer Science or a technical-related field
- 2+ years Experience in Cloud serverless development e.g. Azure functions, logic Apps, AWS lambda
- 2+ years Experience in Mobile development using Flutter
- 3+ years Experience working with net technologies is a plus
- Certifications in Mobile application development is a plus
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in Mobile applications design and development.
- Experience in setup and managing DevOps pipeline.
- Experience in working with Middleware solutions preferably Oracle Fusion Middleware/Oracle SOA
- Experience with development frameworks e.g Django, node JS, Angular, e.t.c
- 2 years’ experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, and Informix.
Branch Manager, Kericho
The role holder will be responsible for providing overall leadership to all Financial Advisors and Units in the branch in delivering set production targets in Ordinary Life and all other lines of business while ensuring the unit managers meet their targets across all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Quality recruitment, selection and retention of productive Unit Managers and financial advisors.
- Sales planning that achieves production targets in Ordinary Life and other lines of business.
- Meeting the set persistency levels of life business and retention targets for other lines of business.
- Performance management and supervision to drive and meet targets across all product lines.
- Provide one-to-one coaching, mentoring and motivation to members of their teams and ensure that they effectively implement strategies and agreed action plans.
- Selling of Life Products and other company products as targets prescribe.
- Conducting trainings on company products, processes, sales and soft skills to achieve results.
- Market segmentation and opening of markets for financial advisors to secure business.
- Relationship management and providing effective customer service to both prospective and existing customers.
- Preparing sales and other management reports as required from time to time.
- Manage the branch office and branch staff as per the company and HR policies and procedures.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
- Accountable to the regional manager and the Head of FA Network.
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments such as Recruitment and Training, FA Administration, Business Development Managers, CSE’s.
- Britam customers, Insurance sector players.
Key Performance Measures:
- As prescribed in the contractual agreement.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A business related degree is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Life Insurance. Branch and Unit Management added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications in COP. However, certification or proof of study in ACII, AIIK or CIM will be an added advantage.
- Business Leader Competencies as outlined below;
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.