Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group,
Job Opportunities at Royal Media Group
Jobs in Media / Radio / TV, Jobs at Royal Media Group
Royal Media Services Limited is the largest electronic Media House in Kenya. Home to the most popular television and radio channels according to audience share, at Royal Media Services we fashion our programming primarily to connect with our audiences. Our brands are Citizen TV, Inooro TV, Radio Citizen, Ramogi FM, Inooro FM, Musyi FM, Chamgei FM, Muuga FM
Sign Language Interpreter
Key roles & responsibilities
- Interpretation: Provide live sign language interpretation of television programs, news broadcasts, interviews, and other content to make it accessible for Deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers.
- Language Adaptation: Adapt the interpretation to suit different genres, including entertainment, news, sports, and educational programs, while maintaining clarity and accuracy.
- Communication Liaison: Act as a communication bridge between hearing and Deaf communities by ensuring effective transmission of information and maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Research and Preparation: Conduct thorough research and preparation prior to broadcasts to familiarize oneself with the subject matter, terminology, and specific jargon related to the content.
- Technical Assistance: Collaborate with television production staff to ensure proper placement of cameras, lighting, and other technical aspects that facilitate clear visibility of the interpreter on-screen.
- Collaboration: Work closely with producers, directors, presenters, and other television personnel to coordinate interpretation schedules and ensure smooth integration of sign language services into the broadcast.
- Continual Learning: Stay up to date with sign language, Deaf culture, and current events to maintain and improve interpreting skills.
- Accessibility Advocacy: Promote accessibility initiatives and contribute to the development of strategies to enhance the inclusivity of television programming for the Deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
Academic and professional/work Experience
- At least a Diploma in Sign Language Interpretation from a recognized institution
- At least two-years relevant experience in a professional set up.
- Member of a recognized professional body
- Fluency in Sign Language: Demonstrated fluency in sign language, with the ability to interpret rapidly and accurately between spoken language and sign language.
- Ability to interpret in at least a combination of either English, Kiswahili and Luo or English, Kiswahili and Kikuyu.
- Interpreting Certification: Possession of a recognized interpreting certification, such as the National Interpreter Certification (NIC) or equivalent, is highly desirable.
- Experience: Previous experience as a sign language interpreter in a professional setting, such as television broadcasting or live events, is preferred.
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture: Strong understanding of Deaf culture, norms, and sensitivities, and ability to navigate diverse communication preferences within the Deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, with the ability to convey spoken language into sign language effectively and maintain clear and concise interpretations. Should possess admirable voicing skills from Sign Language to spoken language
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt quickly to various subject matters, genres, and broadcasting environments while ensuring accurate interpretation.
- Collaboration: Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work effectively with television production teams, presenters, and other stakeholders.
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the code:
- REF No. HRD/SLI/ESL/PRD/05/2023 for English, Kiswahili and Luo
- REF No. HRD/SLI/ESK/PRD/05/2023 for English, Kiswahili and Kikuyu.
Closing date will be Sunday 28th May, 2023.
Learning and Development Manager
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the learning and development manager, your responsibilities will involve:
- Taking charge of the Company-wide training programs
- Carry out staff skills audits and work closely with various leaders across the organization to understand and design appropriate training plans.
- Come up with appropriate training budgets.
- Create flexible learning interventions and platforms (through digital and other means) to meet the workforce’s diverse needs.
- Plan end-to-end development programs according to the organizational requirements.
- Plan and prepare training materials in line with the latest trends and design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other training
- In charge of the companywide performance management processes
- Lead in the review of the relevant manuals and other documentation
- Develop various coaching interventions for different cadres of staff as well as take up coaching for managers, supervisors, and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Build relationships with third-party training providers and partners
- Record and report training courses, schedules, and results. Share the same with the management on a regular basis.
- Assist in other roles in the department
ACADEMIC AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Journalism or any other relevant field.
- IHRM Certified Professional ( if not yet, eligible for this certification)
- Master’s degree in HR or a relevant field
- Familiarity with 5+ years of work experience as a Learning/Development and performance management Specialist, Training and Development Manager, Training Manager, or a similar role
- Hands-on experience in LMS (Learning Management Systems) and e-learning platforms and practices as well as knowledge of effective instructional models and resources.
- Good understanding of organizational change and growth.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sharp business acumen
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to email@example.com. Quote the code HR/LDM/05/23. The closing date will be May 31st, 2023.