Job Vacancies at Komaza Kenya,
Job Vacancies at Komaza Kenya
Komaza works to unlock the potential of small-scale farmers to solve Africa’s wood supply crisis. Collectively, small farmers possess limitless land and labor resources to plant billions of trees. Komaza provides farmers with support across the forestry value chain, from seedlings to sawmills. With a dramatically lower-cost and more-scalable forestry model, …
Farmer Partnership Projects Officer
About This Role
As a Farmer Partnership (FP) Projects Officer, your primary function will be to manage several business and farmer critical projects to improve the Farmer Experience in our farmer call center and across the whole organization. The FP Projects Officer will collaborate closely with the Farmer Partnership Lead to oversee a series of projects that is the foundation for the farmer journey. Some of these projects will include: Call center escalation matrix ,Farmer Partnership SOPs and Policies, Farmer journey mapping, etc.
Location: This role is based either at our Nairobi or Kilifi offices.
What You Will Do
- Work on medium and long term (6 months – 2 years) Farmer Partnership transformational projects
- Determine and define project scope and objectives of each section and technical needs
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage/track resources & budget in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and supervise tasks and make adjustments as needed
- Report progress of assigned projects to Managers and Directors with specific emphasis on business objectives delivery, efficient resource deployment, effective risk and issue management, portfolio volatility with respect to scope and quality changes and process improvements
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor or Manager
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with 3+ years experience in project management and cross-departmental coordination for concurrent, complex projects.
- Prior experience in professional Project Management is preferred
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices with experience seeing projects through the full life cycle and progress project reporting
- A plus if you have PMP/ Prince certification, or management consulting experienceStrong analytical skills with the ability to discern a story from complex data
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and communications skills with impeccable spoken and written English
- Proven track record of effectively delegating tasks, motivating colleagues and managing stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Fast paced – You have a sense of urgency and can quickly move things forward.
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic
- Flexible and self-motivated with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Self-directed and intellectually curious – you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Proactive at identifying and communicating challenges and proposed solutions to successfully accomplish work
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Bring positive energy, a philosophy of teamwork and enthusiasm for Komaza
ESG Senior Manager
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Senior Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Finance & Strategy and work closely with the Global Chief Operating Officer, and team leads across the business. They will provide regular reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors and Investors. The ESG Senior Manager will oversee the ESG Specialist, and there will be opportunities to recruit additional team members and engage consultants to plug skills and capacity gaps, as required.
While the ESG Senior Manager will be responsible for oversight of business as usual ESG practices, it is expected that the ESG Specialist and relevant team leads will be able to work on these with a high level of autonomy. Instead, the ESG Senior Manager is expected to focus on (1) systems design and implementation, (2) ESG strategy and direction, (3) investor relations and stakeholder management and (4) achieving and maintaining sustainability certifications (FSC, Verra CCB, etc.).
The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya, with occasional travel to Coastal and our Central Kenya offices.
What you will do
- Environmental and Social Management System (“ESMS”) – development, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive, effective and cost-efficient ESMS to ensure compliance with IFC Performance Standards, national legislation, agreed investor requirements and other best practice guidance as Komaza scales.
- Impact monitoring and evaluation – development, implementation and oversight of a monitoring and evaluation program that meets the requirements of FSC, carbon, investor and other key stakeholders.
- Stakeholder relations – leading all ESG-related stakeholder interactions, including regular board reporting, preparing quarterly and annual investor reporting, leading quarterly E&S Panel sessions, responding to investor questions and hosting on-site due diligence visits
- Environmental and Social Action Plan (“ESAP”) – responsible for delivering on ESG initiatives agreed upon with investors through the ESAP, including achieving FSC certification, completing an E&S baseline study (with support from consultants) and others.
What you have
- Either 5+ years working in ESG or similar fields (carbon, impact and M&E, etc.) with strong experience of IFC Performance Standards, or a more experienced hire with complementary skills and a demonstrated interest in the area.
- Strong experience in project and stakeholder management
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team leadership and coaching skills, excited to build a team and build ESG capacity across all parts of our business
- Great interpersonal skills, able to manage and build consensus across multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, can convey complex information clearly in reports, memos, PPT slides.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.